1A Raceland (1-1) vs. 4A East Carter (1-0) ....Predictions

oldrambler

Who wins this one ?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one ?

We smack talk too! Lol. But let's keep the subject in hand though: East vs Raceland.

I think the Rams work on more than just East Carter, themselves. I think the Rams need to worry about themselves this week. Get themselves better. Don't worry about East Carter as much as they may have worried about Ashland. If the Rams do what they do best and work on themselves, I think the Rams can win big. I'm not saying to overlook the Raiders, I am saying work on THEIR offense and THEIR defense. If they do that, I think they can win big.

We'll said Little Ram, we're gonna see a motivated team Friday night. Getting slapped around the past 2 weeks has kinda got an edge put on this team and you're gonna see a completely different attitude from these guys.

This one gets UGLY fast ! ! !

RAMS win BIG ! ! !

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We smack talk too! Lol. But let's keep the subject in hand though: East vs Raceland.

I think the Rams work on more than just East Carter, themselves. I think the Rams need to worry about themselves this week. Get themselves better. Don't worry about East Carter as much as they may have worried about Ashland. If the Rams do what they do best and work on themselves, I think the Rams can win big. I'm not saying to overlook the Raiders, I am saying work on THEIR offense and THEIR defense. If they do that, I think they can win big.

That is something that seems to be hard or impossible to get HS players to do. PLAY YOUR FOOTBALL. It shoukdnt matter how good or how bad the team in front of you are. Go out and execute. Of course hou have to prepare for strengths/weaknesses of the other team, but if you go out and do those things, who your playing shouldnt matter. Play hard, play smart, and play you.

In regaurds to the comment about Kane, I dont want anyone thinking I was disrespecting the kid. I hope he proves me wrong in every sense of my statement. He is a great kid and I know him and his family, have for years. I just dont think he looks the same as he did the last 2 seasons. I know he has it in him. Go ahead and let it light a fire big guy.

Raceland needs to win this one big IMO. Not saying I want them to, but for The Raceland players to beat West in a nonimpressive showing, and to lose to Ashland, if they don't run through East Carter like the past few years it has to shrink their confidence and heading into the Greenup game for them next week I feel they need this game to be a blowout heading into what is a very tough schedule.

I agree. I watched film of the West Carter game and Raceland played uninspired football that game. A win is a win, but that game was uncharacteristic of the Raceland teams I've seen. The Ashland game was a different story, the Rams played inspired football and never showed any quit in them, but the end result was worse than the result of the West Carter game.

With all of the preseason hype I think this is a pivotal game for Raceland to keep the train on the tracks. A close game or a loss would start raising some question marks, IMO, which is never good for team chemistry. That said, I think the Raiders see the Raceland team everyone expected them to be in the preseason.

RAMS ... There is absolutely No One outside of the Raceland fan base that is going to feel bad if you lose. As a matter of fact I would say that if truth known, most are wishing you will lose.

No one but you will determine if you win or lose tomorrow night. Get complacent and look past East and you will lose.....period. What's it going to be, Ram Pride or the Rams go hide ?

Remember , you are never as bad as some say you are and you are never as good as some say you are. Play each Play, play hard, with discipline and with pride and all will take care of itself.

and by all means ....... HIT SOMEBODY !

RAMS ... There is absolutely No One outside of the Raceland fan base that is going to feel bad if you lose. As a matter of fact I would say that if truth known, most are wishing you will lose.

No one but you will determine if you win or lose tomorrow night. Get complacent and look past East and you will lose.....period. What's it going to be, Ram Pride or the Rams go hide ?

Remember , you are never as bad as some say you are and you are never as good as some say you are. Play each Play, play hard, with discipline and with pride and all will take care of itself.

and by all means ....... HIT SOMEBODY !

Hit 'em hard ! ! ! !

I think the Rams get back on track, I expect some changes in personel upfront on the OL, more athetecism, should help things out in the trap/counter runs and allow us a quicker seal on the edge, which imo, plays right into the strengths of Kane. He did alot of damage off tackle last year. Imo, that is where his bread and butter lies, not between the gaurds. I think our offense opens up this week and we handle business early on. That is how I think we will know where we stand right now in comparison to all the preseason hype. One thing I wanted to point out, is Nathaniel spreading the ball out well. He has 2 guys with 5 receptions, 2 guys with 3 and several with one or two. Not locking into one reciever tells me he is getting decent protection. I think that continues and we roll big in this one. Idk if I already predicted a score but...

Rams 50

Raiders 7

I think the Rams work on more than just East Carter, themselves. I think the Rams need to worry about themselves this week. Get themselves better. Don't worry about East Carter

:thumb: Exactly, reason for my comments in my last post that the Rams will determine how this one goes.

I thought you Raceland guys might enjoy this article about a former Ram taking part in an historic event this weekend in Marshall's opener. It doesn't have anything to do with the East Carter game, but rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd post it here.

HERDZONE.COM :: Official Athletic Site of Marshall Thundering Herd :: Football

I thought you Raceland guys might enjoy this article about a former Ram taking part in an historic event this weekend in Marshall's opener. It doesn't have anything to do with the East Carter game, but rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd post it here.

Nice article..... thanks for postng. "Big Swede" as he was known here is an exceptional kid, person and human being. Obviously Johansen is a great football player.

GO Herd ....GO RAMS !

Pretty interesting.

Although I would have thought this had already happened eleventy billion times in Minnesota or Wisconsin already.:D

I was suprised to see that it had never happened before. Possibly the best big athelete I have ever been around. alot of people have talked about this years line, last years and '13s. But, imo, that '08 line was the best in recent ram history. Robbie Logan(6'4"/260), The Swede(6'5"/275), Cody Grant(6"/250), Eddie Cumpton(6"/220) and all of them moved like deer.

Put yourself in a corner back's shoes for a minute. It seems we ran stretch after stretch snd screen after screen that year with either Brett Denton(5'9"/230) and John-Scott Carver(5'9/210). Two of the best backs we've seen at Raceland. You had that wall of lineman, who were nearly as fast as the RBs, absolutely blowing people up 60 yards down the field.

Throw in Tyler Boyles, Lauren Huffman, Bobby McKee, and Todd Selvege and that '08 team was stout. The loss to LCA in the regional championship still haunts me to this day.