oldrambler

Who wins this one ?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's game day! Both teams have practiced hard this week. Will the Rams get back on track, and head into the rest of what should be a tough schedule with a win? Or will East Carter shock the entire area and get the first big win under Coach Champlin with an upset over the Rams? I know the boys are confident they can!

I'm excited to just kick back relax and watch this game. Hope it's an exciting game and injury free!

I was suprised to see that it had never happened before. Possibly the best big athelete I have ever been around. alot of people have talked about this years line, last years and '13s. But, imo, that '08 line was the best in recent ram history. Robbie Logan(6'4"/260), The Swede(6'5"/275), Cody Grant(6"/250), Eddie Cumpton(6"/220) and all of them moved like deer.

Put yourself in a corner back's shoes for a minute. It seems we ran stretch after stretch snd screen after screen that year with either Brett Denton(5'9"/230) and John-Scott Carver(5'9/210). Two of the best backs we've seen at Raceland. You had that wall of lineman, who were nearly as fast as the RBs, absolutely blowing people up 60 yards down the field.

Throw in Tyler Boyles, Lauren Huffman, Bobby McKee, and Todd Selvege and that '08 team was stout. The loss to LCA in the regional championship still haunts me to this day.

We took care of business in '13:thumb:

Oh I am with you 100% LR. I am extremely proud of what '13 and '14 were able to accomplish. They were, imo, two teams that finally solidified Raceland as a contender year in and out and both, were milestone and "program" teams that took our school to a new level moving foward, in the world of football. Ive watched kids like yourself play football, from the time your were playing flag, and seeing you guys further your education as well as continue to play the game we all love so much couldnt make me any prouder. I was just referencing the quality of line play that that '08 team had.