1A Raceland (1-1) vs. 4A East Carter (1-0) ....Predictions

oldrambler

Who wins this one ?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one ?

I expect some confidence from a Week 1 blowout win to carry over a little for East Carter, but it won't be enough to hang with the Rams for 4 quarters. Raceland could be a little testy after getting muscled around by Ashland last week. I think they'll take out some frustrations on Friday and get their first blowout win of the season.

Rams 48

Raiders 17

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing in the East offense that can give the Rams trouble.....a long field goal maybe.......East only scores when the game is out of hand.

Have you watched East this year? Know anything about their offense? Know the QB? RB? As far as you should know about East this year is that they are 1-0 and scored 56 points that game.

Pretty sure the OL is getting a small shake-up on the left side, may or may not make a difference in opening gaps for the backfield. But I think it will. Think the Raiders will be the recipients of 2 week of frustration taken out on them. Running clock shortly after halftime.

Raceland 56

East Carter 6

Have you watched East this year? Know anything about their offense? Know the QB? RB? As far as you should know about East this year is that they are 1

I know exactly what kind of athletes East Carter has and it will be a running clock this Friday against Raceland. East put up 50 on a first year team, congratulations! I predict this will be the first of many running clocks for East Carter this season.

Have you watched East this year? Know anything about their offense? Know the QB? RB? As far as you should know about East this year is that they are 1-0 and scored 56 points that game.

I've watched every game......the QB and RB are 2 of their 4 best players.....and that opponent was hand picked to get a victory like that, which is fine but you will see what I'm talking about Friday night. First downs will be hard to come by, the Rams D-Line will dominate the game. The Rams are just bigger, stronger and faster than East all over the field.

Have you watched East this year? Know anything about their offense? Know the QB? RB? As far as you should know about East this year is that they are 1

I know exactly what kind of athletes East Carter has and it will be a running clock this Friday against Raceland. East put up 50 on a first year team, congratulations! I predict this will be the first of many running clocks for East Carter this season.

I'm going to disagree with you on the first of many running clocks. We will see this Friday.

I've watched every game......the QB and RB are 2 of their 4 best players.....and that opponent was hand picked to get a victory like that, which is fine but you will see what I'm talking about Friday night. First downs will be hard to come by, the Rams D-Line will dominate the game. The Rams are just bigger, stronger and faster than East all over the field.

I guess that's why they play the game. I know that Raceland team is a well established program and I don't have any doubt that they could put East Carter on a running clock, but I don't have any doubt that East can win this ball game either.

As far as the hand picked win argument yeah that was a first year team. But your comets haven't beaten but one or two teams with more than 2 wins since the 2011 season so.

Hope you all have a nice bye week over on that side of Carter County :)

Ashland and Johnson Central 100%

Raceland, West Carter, Fairview and Greenup are very possible also. So yes "many" as in multiple running clocks this season.

If I was you I would probably think the same thing but I'm going to disagree with you and stay loyal to my team and keep endorsing the new era in East Carter football.

I guess that's why they play the game. I know that Raceland team is a well established program and I don't have any doubt that they could put East Carter on a running clock, but I don't have any doubt that East can win this ball game either.

As far as the hand picked win argument yeah that was a first year team. But your comets haven't beaten but one or two teams with more than 2 wins since the 2011 season so.

Hope you all have a nice bye week over on that side of Carter County :)

That's a lot of wiggle room......running clock or a win........factually incorrect, more than 1 or 2 teams, do your homework before trying to burn somebody.

That's a lot of wiggle room......running clock or a win........factually incorrect, more than 1 or 2 teams, do your homework before trying to burn somebody.

I actually did do my homework before I posted that. Since the 2011 season West Carter has beaten two teams with more than two wins.

In 2011 they beat a 3 win Magoffin County team, and in 2014 they beat a 5 win Lewis County team. If I'm missing any other wins let me know but yes I did my homework.

You said 1 or 2 teams.......there was 4......2 in 2011, 1 in 2013 and 1 in 2014......not exactly setting the world on fire or hanging banners but be correct when trying to "talk down" to other programs.........especially when, according to the ADI football preview, East has won 8 games in the past 5 years (4 in one season). Sorry Ram fans I know you must think this is pathetic.........it is.

You said 1 or 2 teams.......there was 4......2 in 2011, 1 in 2013 and 1 in 2014......not exactly setting the world on fire or hanging banners but be correct when trying to "talk down" to other programs.........especially when, according to the ADI football preview, East has won 8 games in the past 5 years (4 in one season). Sorry Ram fans I know you must think this is pathetic.........it is.

Carter county problems.

What teams were you referring to by the way all 4 teams with more than 2 wins? I could only find two when I went to KHSAA.

Next week we will have our own thread to discuss this stuff but for now I'm dropping it to focus on this weeks game.

Apparently East had a good practice yesterday, hopefully it can translate to the field on Friday.

Also on the Twitter account of Kane Snyder he acknowledged the post from Steel_Curtain88 I just thought it would be fun to mention that.

You said 1 or 2 teams.......there was 4......2 in 2011' date=' 1 in 2013 and 1 in 2014......not exactly setting the world on fire or hanging banners but be correct when trying to "talk down" to other programs.........especially when, according to the ADI football preview, East has won 8 games in the past 5 years (4 in one season). Sorry Ram fans I know you must think this is pathetic.........it is.[/quote']

We smack talk too! Lol. But let's keep the subject in hand though: East vs Raceland.

I think the Rams work on more than just East Carter, themselves. I think the Rams need to worry about themselves this week. Get themselves better. Don't worry about East Carter as much as they may have worried about Ashland. If the Rams do what they do best and work on themselves, I think the Rams can win big. I'm not saying to overlook the Raiders, I am saying work on THEIR offense and THEIR defense. If they do that, I think they can win big.

We smack talk too! Lol. But let's keep the subject in hand though: East vs Raceland.

I think the Rams work on more than just East Carter, themselves. I think the Rams need to worry about themselves this week. Get themselves better. Don't worry about East Carter as much as they may have worried about Ashland. If the Rams do what they do best and work on themselves, I think the Rams can win big. I'm not saying to overlook the Raiders, I am saying work on THEIR offense and THEIR defense. If they do that, I think they can win big.

Raceland needs to win this one big IMO. Not saying I want them to, but for The Raceland players to beat West in a nonimpressive showing, and to lose to Ashland, if they don't run through East Carter like the past few years it has to shrink their confidence and heading into the Greenup game for them next week I feel they need this game to be a blowout heading into what is a very tough schedule.