Boyle County 41 Bell County 7

I expected Boyle to outclass the flat footed Bobcats but didn't expect such a chainsaw massacre.

Smith has Boyle back and on top and IMHO the Rebs are now the team the rest of 3A is chasing.

They looked much better on offense tonight but not playing Central Hardin may have had something to do with that. Next week will not be an easy game for Boyle at all.

I didn't expect it as well. Boyle County with 41 points through three quarters. Bell County gets their only score against Boyle County's JV with their first team offense. Bell County has a big physical team and I believe with time they could make some noise come playoff time.

Zack Hodge played a great game last night. I hope he gets better every game. He looked like he has been playing DB for a while and not his second varsity game. He showed why the coaches had the faith to put him back there.

Kaden Gervacio also had a nice reception on 3rd and long in Boyle territory to move the chains. It's good to see the young sophomores having an impact on the games.

Mack Cox, Eric Brown, Corey Swanner and Evan Tarter all had strong games last night as well. All four showed that the offense can be diverse and potent. I liked what I saw from all of them.

I love me some Josey. I left right before the end of the game. I'm guessing he got Player of the Game? Does anyone know?

Any stats from last night?

Josiah threw for 281 yards on 16-26 passing. The Rebels rushed 19 times for 93 yards. Total offensive yards: 374 yards.

Bell County threw for 116 yards on 7-18 passing while rushing for 137 yards on 33 carries. Total offensive yards: 253 yards.

The Bobcats had very little success running the ball all night. The rushing yards and average actually may seem better than what it really is as they left their first team offense against Boyle County's JV team. They pounded the ball down the field on that possession to score. Boyle County's JV played all the 4th quarter.