13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Ashland
    • GW

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know anything about GW this season? I know they are normally pretty darn good, but what do they have returning?

I saw where they beat a usually very good Parkersburg team 38-7 last night. Sounds like the Tomcats will have their hands full Friday night.

In case anyone's interested, here are some highlights from GW's game against Parkersburg and some scrimmage highlights against Huntington High and Man.

George Washington High School Football - Hudl

They've got some good looking players. The RB #2 has some jets and the QB has a nice arm. He's got a couple of nice big targets to throw to. The OL looks to have a good mixture of size and athleticism.

The DL has good size and the LBers look pretty athletic. Should be another good early season test for Ashland.

I'd say that we need to get their early Friday. GW always has a good showing from Charleston, and with what we have, I'm sure anyone who wasn't there last night will be out in force to support the T-Cats to complement those that did show up. Another packed Putnam Stadium. Not going to pick a winner just yet, I want to see a couple of practices this week and look at some film on GW.

We as fans are overzealous. We need to trust our coaches and support them. They have a goal and a plan to reach that goal. We will continue to develop and improve as the season goes on. We have some depth at QB and that is a good insurance policy. We need to unify one team one community one goal. I am fortunate to be along for the ride.

W.VA Power George Washington visits Putnam Stadium to take on the Ashland Tomcats. This should be a pretty good matchup. Ashland's running game, led by Q. Baker is Very Good. The Tomcat defense is far from the "Jaws D" of the mid 70's but it is a good one. I don't know just how good GW is but they are an WVA power that should be a tough test for the Tomcats.

Thoughts, Predictions ...