Highlands 38 Campbell County 15

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dougherty had a 46 yard field goal.

Yes he did. Also 5 more extra points to move within 3 of the Highlands career record and 7 more touchbacks that make him 10 for 10 on the season. Also had two nice punts and one not so nice punt. All of this in addition to playing a majority of the defensive snaps.

Now onto the game. Nick Kendall ran the ball well and with authority. Grant Murray got north/south and had a tremendous run for a score. Offensive line got better and better as the game went along. Saw one play near the goal line where center Evan Richardson drove his man to the Convenient store in the center of town.

Defense played pretty well. Impressed with the linebacker play of Ziegler and Cornett and the DB's played very well. Really liked what I saw out of Perez and Rust at Corner and Beal was his usual solid self.

Hergott played with much more confidence once the offense got the ball moving forward consistently. Big difference when you have to drive the ball 50 yards or less and the other team has to go 80 yards.

Campbell County scored on a short field after a bad offensive series followed by a bad punt. Then Dressman gets a strip of CC ballcarrier and Birds get a short field and then Campbell had a tough time driving 80 yards every series.

As Stinky said in the prediction thread, offense and defense needed to take steps forward and they needed to win the special teams battle and they did that last night.

There is work still to be done and it is off to Georgetown next week to take on Scott County.

Dougherty is a fantastic weapon. Not only burying the ball in the end zone on kickoff, but he is money on field goals. Three weeks ago he buried 4 of 4 into the net from 50 yards out during live practice. With the offense less high powered than last year, it is nice to know we can get three points inside the 35 yard line. We need to get to the point where HHS can pick up those 4th and ones at mid field. I know we can, we just need to be more confident. I believe HHS punted twice on 4th and 1 last night.

S

Wow! Is this how you handle attention? Yes, when you're good, other fans browse your update threads and make comments! And I was asking about Cooper. The only reference I made to HHS was in reference to how bad they started again which looked like they were going to have a similar result to the previous week, creating even more questions to if Cooper was good or HHS was just bad. People asked the same thing all week and at the start of both games, it sure seemed like the questions were warranted. People will take notice. I don't think I've even glanced at a Cooper update thread since they played in the finals. Now I do. That's a good thing when people take notice. But when you're on top, you also get questions. Again, thicken the skin and deal with the attention. I had NOTHING but compliments for Cooper and their fans last week. Look it up. It wasn't hijacking the thread. It was asking the question that everyone else was thinking. Sorry that bothered the entire fan base!

I was replying to a HHS fan with no sense of humor who got in me for even writing out the word Cooper. Pointing out the fact that HHS fans do what I have been accused of.

Some of you need to lighten up and find a sense of humor which the grinch comment was supposed

to be funny.

Lighten up Francis lol

" DB's played very well. Really liked what I saw out of Perez and Rust at Corner and Beal was his usual solid self."

Joat.... Question because you mentioned it... Are the corners taught to be that far off the recievers? If so then they played as they were taught and did well. I'm just not sure giving up the 8 to 10 yard pass on a regular basis is correct. Happened on back to back plays at one point. Thoughts?

" DB's played very well. Really liked what I saw out of Perez and Rust at Corner and Beal was his usual solid self."

Joat.... Question because you mentioned it... Are the corners taught to be that far off the recievers? If so then they played as they were taught and did well. I'm just not sure giving up the 8 to 10 yard pass on a regular basis is correct. Happened on back to back plays at one point. Thoughts?

That seems to have been the defensive MO for quite some time now. I am guessing that BW has taught that all along or it would have changed by now. Not only are they starting 10+ off the ball...everyone of them is already backpedaling at the snap.

I can understand that when you have specific receivers to cover, but not always...especially with the speed we have had at DB for years.

Makes no sense to me and never has. For any team with an arm at QB that can throw the ball 20 yards it's almost a guaranteed 7-10 yards per down.

That seems to have been the defensive MO for quite some time now. I am guessing that BW has taught that all along or it would have changed by now. Not only are they starting 10+ off the ball...everyone of them is already backpedaling at the snap.

I can understand that when you have specific receivers to cover, but not always...especially with the speed we have had at DB for years.

Makes no sense to me and never has. For any team with an arm at QB that can throw the ball 20 yards it's almost a guaranteed 7-10 yards per down.

Now...having said all that, I also have to give credit where credit is due. We have been pretty doggone successful so maybe I'm just nitpicking?!

Goal of the defense is to keep them in front of you, thus the cushion. They played a lot of man coverage last night.

It should be noted that last night, Highlands asked for a moment of silence for former FTJFL and former CCHS player, Mitch Kramer. Mitch's brother Mason is a sophomore on the CCHS football team. I am sure his parents and family are extremely grateful for the support last night and since Mitch's tragic passing.

To date, $18,935 has been raised for the Mitch Kramer Scholarship Fund.

#flyhighmitch