Bluegrasspreps' Class 6A Rankings 8-24-25

Ram

1. Male at #8 Ballard

2. Trinity at Brentwood Academy (TN)

3. Scott County vs. 5A #2 Pulaski County

4. Manual vs. 5A #1 0 Fern Creek

5. Lafayette vs. 4A Mercer County at Boyle County (8/29)

6. St. Xavier vs. Henry Clay at Lexington Catholic

7. Simon Kenton at #10 Bryan Station

8. Ballard vs. #1 Male

9. Cooper at 2A #5 Newport Central Catholic

10. Bryan Station vs. #7 Simon Kenton

#1 Male takes on #8 Ballard, what should we learn about those two teams this week? Scott County has an intriguing matchup with highly ranked 5A Pulaski County, who wins that? Cooper surprised the state last week, are they going to keep moving up the ladder. Who is the top NKY 6A team in 2015? Cooper did something unexpected, but Ryle and Simon Kenton may have something to say. Will Trinity prove they should be number one? Who moves up? Who moves down?

#1 Male takes on #8 Ballard, what should we learn about those two teams this week? Scott County has an intriguing matchup with highly ranked 5A Pulaski County, who wins that? Cooper surprised the state last week, are they going to keep moving up the ladder. Who is the top NKY 6A team in 2015? Cooper did something unexpected, but Ryle and Simon Kenton may have something to say. Will Trinity prove they should be number one? Who moves up? Who moves down?

I think if Trinity beats Brentwood, they should be number one. Brentwood is a serious powerhouse and nationally ranked. If these rankings are by body of work this year then a victory there should put the Shamrocks in the top spot until the Male/Trinity game decides it definitively.

1. Male at #8 Ballard

2. Trinity at Brentwood Academy (TN)

3. Scott County vs. 5A #2 Pulaski County

4. Manual vs. 5A #1 0 Fern Creek

5. Lafayette vs. 4A Mercer County at Boyle County (8/29)

6. St. Xavier vs. Henry Clay at Lexington Catholic

7. Simon Kenton at #10 Bryan Station

8. Ballard vs. #1 Male

9. Cooper at 2A #5 Newport Central Catholic

10. Bryan Station vs. #7 Simon Kenton

SK beat X in their scrimmage how are they ranked higher?

SK beat X in their scrimmage how are they ranked higher?

Let's see how X does vs. Henry Clay. With the game being at Lex Cath, we'll get to see if X is truly down. I could see HC pulling off that W, Mercer beating Lafayette and SK moving up to 5th in the next poll.

Let's see how X does vs. Henry Clay. With the game being at Lex Cath, we'll get to see if X is truly down. I could see HC pulling off that W, Mercer beating Lafayette and SK moving up to 5th in the next poll.

There is no scenario outside of a biblical plague where I can see Mercer beating Lafayette.

Was Male's win over an Indiana non-power more impressive the Trinity's win over a Tennessee power?

Maybe but who knows?

I don't think anyone thinks Male's win was more impressive. Maybe those involved feel Male is just as talented this season.

Sept. 11th we will no longer have to debate the topic.

Big task for Mercer Co to beat Lafayette. that would be great for the program. I can't see Henry Clay beating Saint X. Tigers are sound, fundamental program. HC has a lot of speed and athletes, but Tigers all that way.