Bluegrasspreps' Class 1A Rankings 8-23-15

Ram

1. Beechwood at 2A #7 Lloyd Memorial

2. Raceland at 4A #3 Ashland

3. Paintsville at #1 0 Frankfort

4. Russellville vs. 3A Fort Campbell

5. Pikeville vs. 5A Letcher County Central (8/29)

6. Hazard at #7 Fairview

7. Fairview vs. #6 Hazard

8. Campbellsville vs. 2A Washington County at Campbellsville University (8/29)

9. Paris vs. 4A Holmes

10. Frankfort vs. #3 Paintsville

Beechwood stays at the top. Frankfort falls some and may be out of the Top 10 next week. Big matchup between #6 Hazard and #7 Fairview this week. Who moves up? Who moves down? Who else deserves to be in the discussion?

There are some nice games lined up this week in 1A. There are definitely some potential upsets that would shake up these rankings.

That really is a good slate. The Campbellsville/Washington County could be a blowout and we'll have to see how Frankfort responds against Paintsville without Robinson, but all the other games look very good.

Thus far we still kind of have to rely on last season as well. With the top 5 all winning in week 0, I dont think anyone did snything in those wins to really change things up. We will know a little more sbout the Raceland district after seeing how they all fsir against better competition this week. It seems like Frankfort really struggled after losing Robinson, I kind of expected Paintsville to make a statement with this game, I expect it even more so now.

^ I agree. I looked at there stays and they had over 400 rushing yards in there game and attempted 8 passes completing on 6 of those.

I am still eager to see how they will do when the running game is being stopped.

Some may think the Panthers are a one dimensional team (Pugh only). I don't think Coach Mac exposed any options that he does have. Noticed in the passing game, there were only screens and short routes with no vertical routes with the exception of one that was completed to Chattlin Jarrell. Look for an additional couple of Rbs that are very capable when they go up against Letcher Saturday evening.

Some may think the Panthers are a one dimensional team (Pugh only). I don't think Coach Mac exposed any options that he does have. Noticed in the passing game, there were only screens and short routes with no vertical routes with the exception of one that was completed to Chattlin Jarrell. Look for an additional couple of Rbs that are very capable when they go up against Letcher Saturday evening.

Numbers make it look like they are. But I agree they have several more options. I just want to see how the new QB does having to throw the ball 15-25 times a game if the running game isn't working.

Yes. That scenario would be interesting. The young QB Dials is actually more proficient in passing than Austin Charles from last year. Imo, the difference would be putting him in a situation where he's making reads and passing repetitiously. Last Friday being his first start, I thought he seemed more relaxed and in control than expected.

For me it is still too early in the season to really know. Raceland played poorly against West in the first half. Allowing a 57 yard TD pass and a 50+ yard touchdown run. To put things into perspective: West Carter finished with 106 yards rushing and 69 yards passing. Special teams allowed that game to be much closer than it truly was. Raceland finished with over 400 yards of total offense.

Pikeville blasted Prestonsburg, but all they returned was the RB from last year. Paintsville blasted Sheldon Clark, but how good is Sheldon Clark? Fairview's offense lived up to the billing, but their defense gave up 35 points and over 300 yards of total offense.

This week should tell us more about these teams, all of them will face better competition. How they respond will provide a better picture of what is going on. Personally, my top 5 would be

1. Beechwood 2. Pikeville 3. Raceland/Russellville 4. Paintsville 5. Hazard