1A #2 Raceland @ 4A #4 Ashland 8-28

T-CATS

Who wins  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Ashland
    • Raceland

Very true, one game does not a season make..........but a lot Ram fans were judging a whole season before the first snap. The Rams have a great football program, but do some homework and be realistic......Ashland has at least 2 D1 players, Rams 0, that's a big deal in eastern Ky......it will be a competitive and entertaining game to watch.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very true' date=' one game does not a season make..........but a lot Ram fans were judging a whole season before the first snap. The Rams have a great football program, but do some homework and be realistic......Ashland has at least 2 D1 players, Rams 0, that's a big deal in eastern Ky......it will be a competitive and entertaining game to watch.[/quote']

It's expectations. You always do better than the following year or it wasn't a good year. End of story. At Raceland, you must do something special. This year, it's about going to state. That's how it is. And that's why our fan base travels like they do. Because they want those expectations fulfilled.

Ashland by 2 TDs..........Raceland's grades vs. the comets.....Special teams = C, Kicking game = D-, Passing game = D, team speed = C , O and D line = A+, Effort = A , conditioning = A, .... # 70 for the comets dominated the Rams best O lineman even though he got held a lot, watch the film....where was the running clock? where was 51-6? The comet O-line was severely out matched and played horrible and yet it was 15-13 at the end of 3. The rams have a great football culture and heritage, I'm jealous of it, but bowling green is not going to happen this year. Can't lose the players the rams graduated and be better, not possible.

Didn't see him dominate anything. Did see him pull the OL to the ground by the numbers on the front of the jersey that resulted in the OL getting called for a hold. This happened in the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game. It was the same play that Defensive pass interference was called and the down was played over. I was less than 50 feet from the play and it was obvious that no Offensive holding was occurring, but the defensive guy you are referring to grabbed the OL by numbers and took him straight to the ground. I'll give the kid credit, he played a decent game, but dominant, no. He did have impressive speed for a lineman on the kickoff return for a TD at end of game. Was very impressed with his speed, but more unimpressed with our execution on the coverage.

Edited by bugatti

Didn't see him dominate anything. Did see him pull the OL to the ground by the numbers on the front of the jersey that resulted in the OL getting called for a hold. This happened in the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game. It was the same play that Defensive pass interference was called and the down was played over. I was less than 50 feet from the play and it was obvious that no Offensive holding was occurring, but the defensive guy you are referring to grabbed the OL by numbers and took him straight to the ground. I'll give the kid credit, he played a decent game, but dominant, no. He did have impressive speed for a lineman on the kickoff return for a TD at end of game. Was very impressed with his speed, but more unimpressed with our execution on the coverage.

You should try to watch the film he was held by #63 of Raceland almost all passing plays all night the times he didn't it was because he didn't touch #70 . Kid had 10 tackles according KHSAA.org and don't know how those broke up but a few were tackles for a loss and a sack I think. Plus a TD. "Decent Game"??? Maybe you will come back to reality after Ashland wins Friday night. But I'm sure it will be because of the officials or because Raceland had a bad game. Not because Ashland has superior athletes.

Ashland by 2 TDs..........Raceland's grades vs. the comets.....Special teams = C, Kicking game = D-, Passing game = D, team speed = C , O and D line = A+, Effort = A , conditioning = A, .... # 70 for the comets dominated the Rams best O lineman even though he got held a lot, watch the film....where was the running clock? where was 51-6? The comet O-line was severely out matched and played horrible and yet it was 15-13 at the end of 3. The rams have a great football culture and heritage, I'm jealous of it, but bowling green is not going to happen this year. Can't lose the players the rams graduated and be better, not possible.

Not a bad analogy, Agreed on most of your points made, as for the underlined I 100 % agree ... right now. At this point in the season you are right. Last couple of seasons Raceland had established depth, experience at starting positions and varsity playing time with non starter due to the blowouts and younger kids getting a lot of valuble experience. Those kids / upper classmen on the last two teams knew each other better than they knew themselves. Knew strengths/weaknesses and picked each other up ....most of all both were the true definition of "team". 2013, 14 also had established leaders.

I do believe that this 2015 team will develop leaders, cohesiveness as the season goes on. Raceland's record will not be what it was in the last couple of seasons due to those factors but when the "real" / District season starts imo the Rams will be a much better team, and they're good, just not great now.

This 2015 edition of the Rams has talent, plenty of it. I personally don't believe that this team, at this point, has an established "Leader / Leaders" . There are some that imo will take that role as the season goes on.

Must be grading the special teams on a curve because I would give them a D or D-

It's expectations. You always do better than the following year or it wasn't a good year. End of story. At Raceland, you must do something special. This year, it's about going to state. That's how it is. And that's why our fan base travels like they do. Because they want those expectations fulfilled.

:thumb: Regardless of what each team has or even how they end up at seasons end ....those expectations are there in every season. Sometimes unrealistic - Yes. Every time pushes the current team to be better each time out = Yes as well.

I personally think that is a good thing.

Not a bad analogy, Agreed on most of your points made, as for the underlined I 100 % agree ... right now. At this point in the season you are right. Last couple of seasons Raceland had established depth, experience at starting positions and varsity playing time with non starter due to the blowouts and younger kids getting a lot of valuble experience. Those kids / upper classmen on the last two teams knew each other better than they knew themselves. Knew strengths/weaknesses and picked each other up ....most of all both were the true definition of "team". 2013, 14 also had established leaders.

I do believe that this 2015 team will develop leaders, cohesiveness as the season goes on. Raceland's record will not be what it was in the last couple of seasons due to those factors but when the "real" / District season starts imo the Rams will be a much better team, and they're good, just not great now.

This 2015 edition of the Rams has talent, plenty of it. I personally don't believe that this team, at this point, has an established "Leader / Leaders" . There are some that imo will take that role as the season goes on.

Finally, realistic..........thanks.

Finally, realistic..........thanks.

Realistic.......If you want to be realistic, I'll be realistic.

The Raceland Rams had never won a Regional Championship until 2013. Each and every year the Rams had a good enough team to win. I say a team because they didn't need a Quinton Baker or a O'Bryan to win the game for them. All they needed was a Scott Grizzle, a Tyler Boyles, a Robby Logan, a Cody Chinn, a Marty Johnson, a Matt Bostick, a Michael Salmons, a Seth Pack, a Kory Bldridge. Raceland has never won a game because of just one outstanding athlete. That is what makes a team. You don't have to have a D1 athlete to have a good team. You need 11 leaders on the field at the same time. That is what made the 1987, 1990, 1991, 1995, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2013, and the 2014 teams so special. Because they took average or good football players and did what was needed to be done for 48 minutes between sideline to sideline to win that ball game. NO ONE thought Raceland would beat Ashland in 1991 after the Tomcats jsut won state in 1990. But they did. No one thought Raceland would beat Ironton in 2013, but they did.

My point is this. Football isn't a realistic sport. It is not. It is a sport where some one who is smaller than the person in front them can beat their butts. Raceland is smaller than 75%-90% of the teams they face. But some how Raceland wins. Raceland's goal is to make is to Bowling Green this year. I do believe it is realistic because Raceland has been in the state semis the past two years. I do believe they can possibly win state this year. They definitely couldn't right now but thats why it is 14 games away. That is why the game is played every Friday. Because anything can happen.

Raceland can beat Ashland. Raceland can beat Beechwood. Raceland can beat who ever their oppenent is on any given Friday. But it starts in practice on Monday, on Tuesday, on Wednesday, on Thursday, and then executed on Friday. Raceland has been known as "Little Brother" by Greenup. Greenup said in 2011 that "it is time to beat up on our 'little brother' down the road. Raceland won 42-6. Shook hands and went on. We are being realistic. I personally think that some people don't like the fact that a 1A school can beat a 3A, 4A, or a 5A school because "realistically" it shouldn't happen. But it does.

3 DAYS