1A #2 Raceland @ 4A #4 Ashland 8-28

T-CATS

Who wins  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Ashland
    • Raceland

Kurtlen Brown I think a junior this year not sure on that. He played at Fairview as a freshman and was very good. He is not real tall but a solid built kid. Has great vision and runs hard. Has enough speed to break the big runs. He was special as a freshman but he didn't play last year. We will see if that hurts him any. Hopefully he has the mistakes in the past and leaves them there and keeps his head on straight. If so he could have a very bright future.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kurtlen Brown I think a junior this year not sure on that. He played at Fairview as a freshman and was very good. He is not real tall but a solid built kid. Has great vision and runs hard. Has enough speed to break the big runs. He was special as a freshman but he didn't play last year. We will see if that hurts him any. Hopefully he has the mistakes in the past and leaves them there and keeps his head on straight. If so he could have a very bright future.

Thanks for the info. I look forward to watching him play.

I am disappointed in the way the QB position has been handled. Ashland's defense will have to play well in this game because the offense will have no continuity due to the lack of reps and familiarity especially early.

So have they named a starter? Are the reps being split 3 ways in practice?

It appears that way. I heard there was a meeting with the three candidates on Tuesday. If the statement in the paper was to keep Raceland guessing it makes no sense because they have no game film on any of the three. It will not change their preparation or confuse them in any way. They are not concerned about who the QB is as well they probably shouldn't be. If no decision has been made with two days left to game day how can the players have total confidence and follow indeciveness? If you don't give one adequate preparation how can you expect him to perform at his best? On the surface it looks like there are many who feel this team has a chance to make a run and it seems like they can't get past the first fork in that road.

I guess Love and company are relying on the fact that all 3 kids are capable of running and working within the offense. I dont think it will be possible to shutdown all the horses that Ashland has in their backfield, over persuit could be completely devistating against the speed they have. But, if the defense plays sideline to sideline, like they did in the second half against West (WC had 120+ rushing yards in the first half and finished the game with 106), then it may put Ashland in a position, that forces them to rely on the QB. This early in the year, in a big first game for the Tomcats, that could be a turning point. Though I still stand behind the fact that special teams and developing a true iron-clad leader is what will make or break this game for Raceland.

Wont be long and we will be doing post game reports!! Cant wait for tomorrow evening!

It appears that way. I heard there was a meeting with the three candidates on Tuesday. If the statement in the paper was to keep Raceland guessing it makes no sense because they have no game film on any of the three. It will not change their preparation or confuse them in any way. They are not concerned about who the QB is as well they probably shouldn't be. If no decision has been made with two days left to game day how can the players have total confidence and follow indeciveness? If you don't give one adequate preparation how can you expect him to perform at his best? On the surface it looks like there are many who feel this team has a chance to make a run and it seems like they can't get past the first fork in that road.

I know who will be staring and I also know that any of the 3 possible QB's would play well and I don't think too much would/will be placed on their shoulers. I imagine the gameplan regardless will be to mostly run the ball, and all 3 QB's are capable runners. Minus any first game mistakes/jitters etc. I imagine the Ashland ground attack will churn out 300+ yards. Goodness, it sure is nice to be 24 hours from gameday. Lets hope there is no flood this year!

Glad you know but unless the number of usual reps given to the starter was tripled for the three then the continuity issue remains valid and the team is still guessing and questioning. I agree that the amount of production will fall on others but this is the guy that touches the ball every offensive play unless there is a direct snap set in the offense. None of us know all the Ina and outs of the candidates and their assessment and the name of the choice is only relevant to those who do. On the outside looking in the delay in the decision could reflect a lot of negative possibilities.

Glad you know but unless the number of usual reps given to the starter was tripled for the three then the continuity issue remains valid and the team is still guessing and questioning. I agree that the amount of production will fall on others but this is the guy that touches the ball every offensive play unless there is a direct snap set in the offense. None of us know all the Ina and outs of the candidates and their assessment and the name of the choice is only relevant to those who do. On the outside looking in the delay in the decision could reflect a lot of negative possibilities.

I don't really agree that having 3 capable choices at QB is a negative thing. I guess one could think that means they are all equally good or all equally bad. I'm not so sure there has been a delay in the decision but possibly a delay in the announcement..

I don't really agree that having 3 capable choices at QB is a negative thing. I guess one could think that means they are all equally good or all equally bad. I'm not so sure there has been a delay in the decision but possibly a delay in the announcement..

He's not arguing that having 3 equally good QB is a bad thing, but that one QB isn't getting enough reps in practice. Mark Stoops wasted little time in naming Towles his QB. Towles knows he's the #1 guy, and doesn't have to have that in the back of his mind as he prepares for the first game.

Im not sure why this Qb thing is such a big deal... 1. Just bc us on bluegrass preps dont know whos starting doesn't mean that the ones who the decision actually effects dont. 2. How many reps do you really need throughout a week to say hike, turn, and hand it to baker and watch him work?