• Ashland
    • Raceland

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back to the game, I hope every player on both teams is eligible to play. That way all the hoopla is left on the field instead of "if, would, could, etc" With everyone playing, it's all said and done. Somebody won and somebody lost. Give it heck next week either way.

All yours. Bedtime and tomorrow is GameDay.

Back to the game, I hope every player on both teams is eligible to play. That way all the hoopla is left on the field instead of "if, would, could, etc" With everyone playing, it's all said and done. Somebody won and somebody lost. Give it heck next week either way.

I believe all of the players are eligible. Have not heard anything that would deem anyone ineligible to play tomorrow night. It should be a great game.

Great post, I agree and will also add that I hope/pray that no player on either team will be injured tonight.

GAMEDAY !

RAMS ....All of the preparing is over. A Very Good Game Plan has been installed by your unmatched anywhere coaching staff. Having said that .. The Best Game Plan Ever Made is Useless Unless You EXECUTE !

Play with Play Every Play With Raceland RAM Pride .... NO QUIT ATTITUDE... DICIPLINE ... DESIRE ...HIT HARD and HIT OFTEN !

Leave it ALL On The Field ...No Excuses ...

NO PRISONERS !

This thread has a lot more tension than last years thread I do believe, I still see the respect from the two fan bases just seems a little more tense! Hope it's a great game tomorrow!

I respect the Ashland Tomcats Football program more than any other in our entire area (besides our Rams of course). All the years and championships that Ashland had is to be respected. I personally have Never had or have seen a problem with Raceland and Ashland Fans anywhere.

I don't know if many realize all of the connections with the two school systems through the years, both on the playing field and inside the school systems. Just some that I know of are .. the principal at Raceland when I was there in the ancient 1970's (Glen Reidel) was an Asst. Football coach at Ashland at one timer. Another was an assistant coach and great teacher / great person at Raceland (Dan Kelly) was from Ashland and I'm pretty sure taught there as well. A One time Ashland asst. Coach, (Randy Heaberlin) was from Worthington and an alum / Great All State Football player in the 70's and he was one of if not The Best Lineman Ever to play for the Rams. His family are all Raceland alums and still live here. Also, a now retired elementary school principal at Raceland-Worthington Schools (Greg Dowdy) is an Ashland alum and former Tomcat Football player on a state champion Tomcat Football and baseball teams. Dowdy also taught in the Ashland Schools and was a Jr, High head coach and asst. varsity coach with Vic Marsh under Herb Conley. Maybe not such a great quality in his favor is that I have been friends with, fished, hunted with him since the mid 70's, he is one of the best friends that I have or ever had. (you know he has to be a nice man to put up with me :lol2:)

So, With the one exception of the Raceland/Ashland game each season I always pull for the Tomcats.

Anyway, I know that all of this is TMI so I will stop.

^^ :ohbrother: How Could I Have Forgotten two Raceland and Ashland connections / head coaches ... I am embarrassed on forgetting these Ashland / Raceland Connections. (Mike Holzaphel) was the Rams head coach in the early 1970's and from Raceland coach Holtzaphel went on to take over the helm as the Ashland head coach.

Another one that I absolutely cannot believe I didn't mention in my original post on this was probably the most glaring one.....Probably the Best Raceland Football Coach in our 80 year history .... the late ( Bill Tom Ross, May he R.I.P.) !

Coach Ross was an Tomcat asst. / D-Back coach on the Famed "JAWS" defense of Ashland in the 1970's. Ross coached under legendary Tomcat Coach Herb Conley. Also, Ashland state championship coach Vic Marsh was on that staff I believe.

Now I am done ...

Edited by oldrambler