1A #2 Raceland @ 4A #4 Ashland 8-28

T-CATS

Who wins  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Ashland
    • Raceland

OR ... Maybe, just maybe that's just One of the sets that Raceland hasn't unveiled yet...or not :sneaky:. Even with the West C. game, Raceland hasn't came close to running all that they can.... or will run / planning to run....something to think about, just say'n. Who knows ?

You do bring up a good point. Raceland has a game under their belt, will that help or hurt their cause? Ashland does have last weeks film to watch, but how much did Raceland show? Will their gameplan be vastly different that what Ashland will have watched on film this week? Personally, I think Raceland has the advantage having 1 game under their belts.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the info. I hope that he can go but I will say that the other Ram qb is capable of stepping in. From what I was told the qb starter completion was close. Davidson and Black are both capable.

Black looks to be as quick as 11. Might not be a bad idea for Raceland to start him. That would give them another threat to take it to the house. Speed kills and Raceland needs some more of it on the field Friday night.

Now heard today Dowdy starting who knows. We will find out Friday. It's like you have to have Top Secret Clearance to find out info on who The starter is.

Edited by T-CATS

If it wasn't Easts first game I would 100% attend this, I almost decided I was going to watch this instead but I decided to be a loyal fan and I'll be at East.

This game I will hopefully pick up some wifi from the school because I'm out of data for the month and I'll be constantly checking for updates. If there's a way I can watch the game after Raceland streams it (like they did against West) that would be amazing.

Always can listen to B97.1.

Now heard today Dowdy starting who knows. We will find out Friday. It's like you have to have Top Secret Clearance to find out info on who The starter is.

As much hype as there has been about Ratliff, I would still expect Dowdy or Roberts to start if they are healthy. As I said before, the kid would have to be really good to start in his first game, as a freshman, that has not been part of the program long.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be, but to me its unlikely he starts from day one if his freshman season. Especially given the fact that he hasn't been here long enough to be properly evaluated by the staff. I do like the fact that it's being kept quiet who the starter will be though.

It does help some, but like previously stated, I think Raceland only ran about 10 different plays (Maybe), really about 6 with a few variations.

Heck, I'll tell you what they ran:

Iso

Delayed Iso

QB draw

Two pass plays: one with three deep routes, one screen.

QB off tackle

Traditional Draw

Don't forget power, counter, sweep/outside zone and jet. Ran those as well.

Ashland by 2 TDs..........Raceland's grades vs. the comets.....Special teams = C, Kicking game = D-, Passing game = D, team speed = C , O and D line = A+, Effort = A , conditioning = A, .... # 70 for the comets dominated the Rams best O lineman even though he got held a lot, watch the film....where was the running clock? where was 51-6? The comet O-line was severely out matched and played horrible and yet it was 15-13 at the end of 3. The rams have a great football culture and heritage, I'm jealous of it, but bowling green is not going to happen this year. Can't lose the players the rams graduated and be better, not possible.

Ashland by 2 TDs..........Raceland's grades vs. the comets.....Special teams = C, Kicking game = D-, Passing game = D, team speed = C , O and D line = A+, Effort = A , conditioning = A, .... # 70 for the comets dominated the Rams best O lineman even though he got held a lot, watch the film....where was the running clock? where was 51-6? The comet O-line was severely out matched and played horrible and yet it was 15-13 at the end of 3. The rams have a great football culture and heritage, I'm jealous of it, but bowling green is not going to happen this year. Can't lose the players the rams graduated and be better, not possible.

Like I said before anything is possible don't judge a team off of 1 game. I know of plenty of teams that didn't hit their stride until about the 5th or 6th game.