Top 8th Grade Football Players

BIGBLUE18

Leon Marshall from Turkey Foot. Running Back, headed to Scott next year. Only played 3 games this year until he went out with an injury. Good break away speed, almost refuses to go down, can be shifty. Outplayed both running backs from SV. Hammack & Marshall are the top 2 backs in NKY Middle School IMO.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so exhausted with the age argument in all sports. There are kids that are 13 who have a bone age of 15. There are 14 yr olds that have a bone age of 11. Kyle England is a young 8th grader with a bone age of probably a 14.5~15. He's young, but physically mature. I've got a 3rd grade basketball player that is 5'4" 135# and has a December Birthday. I also have a 14.5 year old player that is 5'2" and 92#. 5.5 years between them but the young one dwarfs the old one.

Every Kid develops at a different rate. There is nothing wrong with a kid being 14 and in the 8th grade. In fact most kids that start school late with a summer birthday are a little delayed and that is why the parent chooses to not send them.

My point is this. If they are in **that** grade then who cares? There is a kid at Tichenor Middle that is 2 years behind his age. He's a giant and dominates on the basketball court. But, they don't play him down with his grade.

In reality all of this stuff will level off when all the kids reach 100% of their bone age potential. This happens around 16.5 The fact that we are ranking middle school players is totally for "entertainment" purposes only because it will change NEXT YEAR and the NEXT YEAR and the NEXT YEAR. Don't take this stuff too personal yet.

I'm so exhausted with the age argument in all sports. There are kids that are 13 who have a bone age of 15. There are 14 yr olds that have a bone age of 11. Kyle England is a young 8th grader with a bone age of probably a 14.5~15. He's young, but physically mature. I've got a 3rd grade basketball player that is 5'4" 135# and has a December Birthday. I also have a 14.5 year old player that is 5'2" and 92#. 5.5 years between them but the young one dwarfs the old one.

Every Kid develops at a different rate. There is nothing wrong with a kid being 14 and in the 8th grade. In fact most kids that start school late with a summer birthday are a little delayed and that is why the parent chooses to not send them.

My point is this. If they are in **that** grade then who cares? There is a kid at Tichenor Middle that is 2 years behind his age. He's a giant and dominates on the basketball court. But, they don't play him down with his grade.

In reality all of this stuff will level off when all the kids reach 100% of their bone age potential. This happens around 16.5 The fact that we are ranking middle school players is totally for "entertainment" purposes only because it will change NEXT YEAR and the NEXT YEAR and the NEXT YEAR. Don't take this stuff too personal yet.

My intentions with this thread were not for the players to be ranked or even compared. I just wanted players mentioned. I requested we mention players of other teams and not our own to cut back on the bickering about which player is better than another.

Gotta start somewhere

I didn't say it isn't beneficial, I said it has no bearing on what to expect later in varsity. Some schools play juniors in JV while others might have freshmen/sophomore only playing varsity.

Freshmen/JV games (like some have mentioned) are only for getting reps.

Two highly touted Rb's will meet in the semi finals of the KYMSFA 8th grade Div. 1 championships. Bowling Green will be playing the Union Raiders next Saturday in lexington. BG is led by Vito Tinsdale. UR is led by Kyle England. Should be the game of the weekend. Good luck to the teams and players.

Two highly touted Rb's will meet in the semi finals of the KYMSFA 8th grade Div. 1 championships. Bowling Green will be playing the Union Raiders next Saturday in lexington. BG is led by Vito Tinsdale. UR is led by Kyle England. Should be the game of the weekend. Good luck to the teams and players.

You gonna stop by and say hi Saturday?

Where will you be? If you don't want to broadcast it, pm me.

Everywhere, the guy missing his head running around all day.

Come down by the concession stand and ask one of the peeps at the tent for me if you dont see me.

And this goes to any BGPer that will be at Bryan Station Saturday for the games.

Got to see the England kid against Anderson Saturday afternoon. He's pretty good, very fast when he gets into the open field.