Top 8th Grade Football Players

BIGBLUE18

I wasn't questioning his age. I was attempting to say he plays like a more experienced RB. He plays much more like a freshman or sophomore running back with the way he runs. His skill set is ahead of many RBs at his age. I was lucky enough to coach a kid like him and those types of players are a lot of fun to coach and watch.

I know, that's not what I meant with the reply. I was just adding that he is a young 8th grader.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle England doesn't turn 14 untill the end of November. Young for an 8th grader, compared to the age of some of our competition. Also he had 3100 yards last year with 44 Td's. This year has a little over 2600 yards and 37 Td's. As long as Union stays in the playoffs I'm sure he will add to that. He has had one heck of a middle school career.

That makes him an older 8th grader, not younger.

That makes him an older 8th grader, not younger.

You obviously don't know about the tons of 15 year olds we play against. The reason there is a age rule in middle school now. Alot of the kids we play against are 14 or turning 15. He is 13. I dont get how rhat makes him older he wont turn 14 till after the season and is in the correct grade and age.

If he's 13 he's a young 8th grader...you can be 15 as an 8th grader as long as it's after August 1.

I understand the rules but most parents start their kids at what the state considers the normal age. Based on the age to start school he is an older 8th grader.

Are there some out there that turn 15 in 8th grade and turn 19 their Senior year of high school? Yes, but that is a very low number. In fact I bet it is 10-1 the number of kids that turn 17 in their Senior year compared to kids that turn 19 their Senior year.

You obviously don't know about the tons of 15 year olds we play against. The reason there is a age rule in middle school now. Alot of the kids we play against are 14 or turning 15. He is 13. I dont get how rhat makes him older he wont turn 14 till after the season and is in the correct grade and age.

All the other kids started school late or were held back. Yes, he is in the right grade and is on the older end of the age for that grade. The only ones older than him that are in the correct grade are the ones born in October.

I understand the rules but most parents start their kids at what the state considers the normal age. Based on the age to start school he is an older 8th grader.

Are there some out there that turn 15 in 8th grade and turn 19 their Senior year of high school? Yes, but that is a very low number. In fact I bet it is 10-1 the number of kids that turn 17 in their Senior year compared to kids that turn 19 their Senior year.

That's not the point...you said he was not a young 8th grader and that's not the case. Some kids are 13 part of the year and turn 14 and others are 14 part of the year and turn 15. There isn't anything wrong with it, it just is what it is.

That's not the point...you said he was not a young 8th grader and that's not the case. Some kids are 13 part of the year and turn 14 and others are 14 past of the year and turn 15. There isn't anything wrong with it, it just is what it is.

Who said there was something wrong with anything? My point is that he is not a young 8th grader.

FYI, you said he was a younger 8th grader.

Most people do start their child at the correct age. 10-1 might not be too far off for the overall school population. I currently work in a district where parents start their kids as early as they can but that is a different story. I know what Fear the Nation is talking about. If you look at ages on the teams that have won MS state championships or that have went deep into the playoffs many would be filled with what people would call old for their grade. Lots of Aug-Oct birthdays and kids that are 14 turning 15 their 8th grade year. You see the same thing in 7th but scaled back a year. N certain parts of the state the kid from Ryle would be on the 7th grade no question.

Most people do start their child at the correct age. 10-1 might not be too far off for the overall school population. I currently work in a district where parents start their kids as early as they can but that is a different story. I know what Fear the Nation is talking about. If you look at ages on the teams that have won MS state championships or that have went deep into the playoffs many would be filled with what people would call old for their grade. Lots of Aug-Oct birthdays and kids that are 14 turning 15 their 8th grade year. You see the same thing in 7th but scaled back a year. N certain parts of the state the kid from Ryle would be on the 7th grade no question.

Thank you for clarifying. That is what I was trying to say. Union only played one NKY Team this year. It's a little different when you leave our area. To each his own but the trend to hold back kids is prevalent in some areas. Thats a parent's decision to do that. The kids are older period. One year at this age means alot competition wise. We compete with 13-14 year old kids against alot of older 14 and 15 year olds. So yes duece that is what I meant by younger.

Thank you for clarifying. That is what I was trying to say. Union only played one NKY Team this year. It's a little different when you leave our area. To each his own but the trend to hold back kids is prevalent in some areas. Thats a parent's decision to do that. The kids are older period. One year at this age means alot competition wise. We compete with 13-14 year old kids against alot of older 14 and 15 year olds. So yes duece that is what I meant by younger.

He is honestly just a true 8th grader, not older or younger. You are right that you should be 13 turning 14 during your 8th grade year.

The old back ages you are saying is exactly why AAU basketball put their new age limits in last year. Too many hold backs 15 in 8th grade playing against 13 year olds.

Regardless, England is a great player and being in NKY I look forward to see what he does in high school. His future should be bright.