Top 8th Grade Football Players

BIGBLUE18

I know every team has skilled athletes, and we could ramble on about the great players on our respective teams. But I would like to hear some of the unbiased opinions. Who are the best 8th grade players you have seen or played against. If possible I would like to see kids of different positions listed, not just the running backs. Are there any really impressive linemen out there?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyle Co Middle School is LOADED.

Catch them this Sat 8/22 @ LexCath (11:00).

There are at least 7-8 kids that are VERY skilled and could be listed.

Can you list a Name or Number and position? I would like to see them play and hopefully I will before the season ends, but we too have a game this Saturday.

2 - WR/CB

3 - TE/QB/DE

6 - RB/S

9 - WR/CB

12 - WR/LB

14 - TE/DE

16 - RB/LB

19 - QB

25 - WR/CB

66 - OL/DL

To start with....a few others are right there too.

I am not debating but asking, you are saying that 1 middle school has 4 of the best 8th grade WR's in the state?

I am not debating but asking, you are saying that 1 middle school has 4 of the best 8th grade WR's in the state?

If you are putting together an "all-state" squad, I'm not qualified to pick that being I won't see the vast majority of other teams play. All I'm saying is that these kids can all REALLY PLAY. They play within the system and are a pleasure to watch...if you get to see them I think you'll agree.

We lost in the semis of the state 7/7 at UK to eventual champ N Pulaski. We were the second best team there and played them very tough.

As I said we all could go on and on about our athletes on our respective teams. However, the point of this was to acknowledge the best players at each position across the state. I have heard some good things about a couple of the Boyle players so I know that post has some merit, but I would like to see talk of opponents rather than own players.

If you are putting together an "all-state" squad, I'm not qualified to pick that being I won't see the vast majority of other teams play. All I'm saying is that these kids can all REALLY PLAY. They play within the system and are a pleasure to watch...if you get to see them I think you'll agree.

We lost in the semis of the state 7/7 at UK to eventual champ N Pulaski. We were the second best team there and played them very tough.

Northern Pulaski is very tough. I wished Boyle would join the KYMSFA. I know they have had a couple groups that would have made a lot of noise during the past few seasons.

Northern Pulaski is very tough. I wished Boyle would join the KYMSFA. I know they have had a couple groups that would have made a lot of noise during the past few seasons.

Never will...Coach Smith wants the kids to play other sports, we are already a member of a conference and middle school titles are not the goal.

If you get a chance to see BCMS play football you will agree with my assertion that the players I mentioned are worthy of consideration.

Zachary Laphart (spelling??) is a really good player for Anderson Co at RB/LB.

RB Smith. Boyle

Ol/ D line Kelly Boyle

Labheart Anderson co. Safety

Taylor co. Has a great lineman

Taylor also has quinten snyders brother who is solid at safety.

N Pulaski Sloan WR

N Pulaski parmalee WR

S Pulaski has a special RB don't remember his name but may be best in his class.

Union has Kyle England.

Lex catholic QB is tough

Belfry has a athletic linebacker

i believe Coach Foley had most these kids on his 7th grade Fbu team last year. If you pull up the 7th grade roster of that team last year you will see the states best players. He was loaded.

Never will...Coach Smith wants the kids to play other sports, we are already a member of a conference and middle school titles are not the goal.

If you get a chance to see BCMS play football you will agree with my assertion that the players I mentioned are worthy of consideration.

Zachary Laphart (spelling??) is a really good player for Anderson Co at RB/LB.

Never Huh?

That's a good list so far. What about linemen on both sides of the ball? Those guys are under-appreciated. The center position is quite possibly the 2nd most important position on the field behind the QB. Who are the best 8th grade centers in the state based on snapping consistency and blocking?