Top 8th Grade Football Players

BIGBLUE18

That's a good list so far. What about linemen on both sides of the ball? Those guys are under-appreciated. The center position is quite possibly the 2nd most important position on the field behind the QB. Who are the best 8th grade centers in the state based on snapping consistency and blocking?

Kelly from Boyle is probably headed for that position. He played there last year for Boyle and was moved to T by necessity. I think he'll be at center for BCHS.

Center is the MOST important position on offense and any good QB/Coach will tell you the same.

:)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly from Boyle is probably headed for that position. He played there last year for Boyle and was moved to T by necessity. I think he'll be at center for BCHS.

Center is the MOST important position on offense and any good QB/Coach will tell you the same.

You may be right about that. Does he get reps out of the gun and under center both at BCMS?

You may be right about that. Does he get reps out of the gun and under center both at BCMS?

Not this year...he did last year and is pretty automatic with the exchange. Can't remember a bad/mishandled snap all of last year.

He is a very consistent player and although he is a dominant DL his value at center at the next level will be off the charts. He's smart, tough and has great technique.

Never will...Coach Smith wants the kids to play other sports, we are already a member of a conference and middle school titles are not the goal.

If you get a chance to see BCMS play football you will agree with my assertion that the players I mentioned are worthy of consideration.

Zachary Laphart (spelling??) is a really good player for Anderson Co at RB/LB.

How would playing in the KYMSFA playoffs keep kids from playing other sports? All of the local schools here are in the KYMSFA and those kids also play other sports.

How would playing in the KYMSFA playoffs keep kids from playing other sports? All of the local schools here are in the KYMSFA and those kids also play other sports.

Pay more attention to the rest of that post. Middle School titles aren't exactly at a high level of importance in the grand scheme of things and we are already in a conference whose tourney is at the same time.

It's stupid to play multiple games in a week for a "championship" that is....well, irrelevant.

RB Smith. Boyle

Ol/ D line Kelly Boyle

Labheart Anderson co. Safety

Taylor co. Has a great lineman

Taylor also has quinten snyders brother who is solid at safety.

N Pulaski Sloan WR

N Pulaski parmalee WR

S Pulaski has a special RB don't remember his name but may be best in his class.

Union has Kyle England.

Lex catholic QB is tough

Belfry has a athletic linebacker

i believe Coach Foley had most these kids on his 7th grade Fbu team last year. If you pull up the 7th grade roster of that team last year you will see the states best players. He was loaded.

After today...gotta think you might have some additions to your list?!?!

Pay more attention to the rest of that post. Middle School titles aren't exactly at a high level of importance in the grand scheme of things and we are already in a conference whose tourney is at the same time.

It's stupid to play multiple games in a week for a "championship" that is....well, irrelevant.

Be more clear with your post...you said in the first line that he wanted kids to be able to play other sports...you threw in the it's not important to win at the end. If it's not important to win that's fine, just don't blame KYMSFA for kids not being able to play other sports because that's a weak excuse.

As far as being irrelevant then why play for a conference middle school title, wouldn't it be even more irrelevant? Titles may be irrelevant to the high school but I'll guarantee the kids playing for them at ANY level they aren't.

Be more clear with your post...you said in the first line that he wanted kids to be able to play other sports...you threw in the it's not important to win at the end. If it's not important to win that's fine, just don't blame KYMSFA for kids not being able to play other sports because that's a weak excuse.

As far as being irrelevant then why play for a conference middle school title, wouldn't it be even more irrelevant? Titles may be irrelevant to the high school but I'll guarantee the kids playing for them at ANY level they aren't.

It's irrelevant because not all the teams play in it....it's no more of a "state championship" than our conference title.

And I made the post clear the second time when I specifically told you to ignore that part of the original post and look at the rest of it.

We play for state titles in high school and our model works fine.

A lot of coaches put their worst lineman at center until high school. And then usually the worst lineman on the team in high school is the center. Easiest position to cover for if need be...

It's irrelevant because not all the teams play in it....it's no more of a "state championship" than our conference title.

And I made the post clear the second time when I specifically told you to ignore that part of the original post and look at the rest of it.

We play for state titles in high school and our model works fine.

That's fine, I don't care what the Boyle Co Middle school does or doesn't do. My only question was when you said the coach wanted kids to be able to play other sports and that's why they didn't play in the KYMSFA...that seemed ridiculous to me as it doesn't keep kids from playing other sports. If they don't play for some other reason that's fine and I understand that, it's just that first line made no sense and I was trying to get clarification as to how it kept kids from other sports.

Good Luck Boyle, still one of my current favorite programs in the state.

Competing Against 32 of the best middle school teams in your division (class) is no different than your conference title? By your logic a High School Football State Championship is irrelevant because you don't have to compete against all the teams. There is a class system in high school that breaks the state playoffs up. There is also a class system in Middle School, however with only 3 divisions. This allows the playoff system to be very similar with teams having to win 4-5 games to win a Championship. Your model for your school does work fine, but to make a claim that the KYMSFA is watered down, because all teams don't play is absurd.

Competing Against 32 of the best middle school teams in your division (class) is no different than your conference title? By your logic a High School Football State Championship is irrelevant because you don't have to compete against all the teams. There is a class system in high school that breaks the state playoffs up. There is also a class system in Middle School, however with only 3 divisions. This allows the playoff system to be very similar with teams having to win 4-5 games to win a Championship. Your model for your school does work fine, but to make a claim that the KYMSFA is watered down, because all teams don't play is absurd.

How is it different than a conference title?

What if his conference called it a state title? Just because they don't play teams from all over the state should not keep it from being called a state championship....I mean it doesn't stop the KYMSFA.

In all reality there are probably only a handful of teams that don't play in that COULD win their level of the KYMSFA, and Boyle is one of them.

That's not enough to discount what the KYMSFA has done and how some programs have developed since its inception.

Back to thread topic.

Southern Pulaskis Hueling(sp) is one heck of a TB.