• shorts/sweats/tee shirt person, everywhere

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not really. It's a hassle, IMO.

Certain events I like to look nice for, but other than that I'd much rather be comfortable than dressy.

I have NEVER owned a suit.

I have 1 tie, had since high school.

The only time I get "duded up" is for a wedding or when I'm a Eucharistic Minister at church, and all that is is a nice pair of dress pants and a button down shirt and my only tie. :thumb:

But, damn I look good when I get "dressed to the nines". ;)

I have NEVER owned a suit.

I have 1 tie, had since high school.

The only time I get "duded up" is for a wedding or when I'm a Eucharistic Minister at church, and all that is is a nice pair of dress pants and a button down shirt and my only tie. :thumb:

But, damn I look good when I get "dressed to the nines". ;)

Yeah, I'm sure that clip on tie from high school knocks the ladies out! :thumb:

99% of the time it's all casual for me, and typically when an event arises that requires me to dress up, I immediately begin to dread and fret about it, and go into panic mode.

What do I have that will work for the event?

Will what I have fit me properly, of have I gained or lost too much weight for it to feel and look right?

How long can I put off assessing this, or should I get on it now just incase I need to go out and buy something new?

Blah blah blah and so on and on making my mind work overtime and worry about the whole thing.

Then ultimately most of the time I find something in my closet that fits and looks just fine, and once I'm all shaved and showered and looking smart, I check myself in the mirror and think "Wow what a difference it makes to get all duded up, I should do this more often".

I love getting dressed up to go out! Of course, a big occasion a spa day before is a must to complete the dress up. I can throw a pair of shorts, jeans or t-shirt on to do gardening, yard work or just kicking back because I love comfort too!

There are degrees of dressing up. I enjoy dressing for whatever the occasion calls for. The only line I draw is any outfit requiring heels. My knees have gotten so bad. The left knee cap now slips out of place at least twice a month with nothing more strenuous involved than some strenuous yard work. So, no little black dress and strappy heels for me.