Ashland QB?

GB32

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy Hunter was the last to start most of his Freshman year and Baker at RB. Also before Baker Matt Thomas got a lot of carries as a FR.

Your right. It happens that a freshman gets the chance to start, but they are generally exceptional athletes. I knew Sammy would be a good one when he was two years old lol.

Yes he was. I grew up and played some basketball baseball not football with Juan Thomas. He was one of the better players Ashland has ever had. Don't think he played his Fr. Year not positive about that though.

Was gone during the Jason Nichols years and Arlis Beech years never got to see either play for the Tomcats. Do know Nichols has the single game rushing record and of all to have it against Ironton and still lost the game.

Was gone during the Jason Nichols years and Arlis Beech years never got to see either play for the Tomcats. Do know Nichols has the single game rushing record and of all to have it against Ironton and still lost the game.

Both were great athletes and really fun to watch.

Sammy Hunter was the last to start most of his Freshman year and Baker at RB. Also before Baker Matt Thomas got a lot of carries as a FR.

Did they have a coach's son to beat out for playing time?

Speaking of Freshman, I've heard rumors that Ashland doesn't have a Freshman team this year. Can anyone confirm or deny that?

From what it looks like, it seems that they only have about 16-17 kids on the freshman team. I was told that this freshman class is the largest in the district, it's a shame they can't get more kids than that out to play. I heard one of the coaches tell a parent that they may bring some of the older kids (I assume sophomores) down to play freshman games. I really don't know if that's going to be the case.

From what it looks like, it seems that they only have about 16-17 kids on the freshman team. I was told that this freshman class is the largest in the district, it's a shame they can't get more kids than that out to play. I heard one of the coaches tell a parent that they may bring some of the older kids (I assume sophomores) down to play freshman games. I really don't know if that's going to be the case.

I wouldn't think that would be allowed. I obviously don't know, but it just seems like that would be against KHSAA rules.