Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland QB?

Featured Replies

Will transfer from Paintsville get the nod at QB?

  • Replies 140
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard he is good, but I don't see him starting this year. The coaches seem happy with Roberts and Dowdy. I believe the transfer is a freshman, he would have to be extremely good to beat either of the other two, IMO. I'm not knocking on the kid at all, I hope he's as good as advertised, we could certainly use a great qb to step in once this group of seniors are gone.

Though he is a freshman, he's 16, same age as the two we have now. I think they have handed the reigns to Dowdy. Heard that Roberts threw a couple of pics during the scrimmage while under pressure. I still think he's the best athlete of the group. I was told Ratliff went 3/4 in the air against Spring Valley's JV. It might really be a competition next year.

A 16 year old freshman isn't going to be eligible to play football his senior year.

A 16 year old freshman isn't going to be eligible to play football his senior year.

 

Apparently he turned 16 after August 1st, which is ok'd by KHSAA. The issue is if the player had turned 16 before August 1st.

Though he is a freshman, he's 16, same age as the two we have now. I think they have handed the reigns to Dowdy. Heard that Roberts threw a couple of pics during the scrimmage while under pressure. I still think he's the best athlete of the group. I was told Ratliff went 3/4 in the air against Spring Valley's JV. It might really be a competition next year.

 

I'm not sure why but I was thinking Dowdy was a senior this year, wasnt sure on Roberts. What grade are they in this year? I can't find my football preview from last year. It will indeed be interesting next year if all three will be back, I've heard a lot of good things about Ratliff, but like anyone else he's gonna have to learn the offense before they give him the reigns.

Apparently he turned 16 after August 1st, which is ok'd by KHSAA. The issue is if the player had turned 16 before August 1st.

 

Correct, this was mentioned in another thread. He will be eligible his senior year.

He knows the offense already and was making passes at the scrimmage that none of the others could make. The receivers get open just haven't had anyone who could hit them until now. He looked the best at the scrimmage.

Dowdy and Roberts are both Juniors. I wasn't at the scrimmage, this was info coming from parents and coaches.

Apparently he turned 16 after August 1st, which is ok'd by KHSAA. The issue is if the player had turned 16 before August 1st.

 

You are correct. 8.4 . Therefore, he'll turn 19 after the 8.1 cutoff.

He knows the offense already and was making passes at the scrimmage that none of the others could make. The receivers get open just haven't had anyone who could hit them until now. He looked the best at the scrimmage.

 

That's good news, sounds promising. I'm not sure how long he's been practicing with the team, just assumed he wouldn't have had time to learn everything yet. It would certainly be nice to see a balanced offense this season and in the years to come.

Talked to Dicky this morning asked him about QBs he said both Dowdy and Roberts took snaps 50/50 and then when I said Ratliff his voice went up in tempo. He did his laugh and said he is the real deal. Can't wait till next Friday. It will work itself out and the cream will rise to the TOP.

Question is will coaches start him over Dowdy and if so who sets because Dowdy will start somewhere. In my opinion and I have been there doesn't matter if you coach your son best player plays.

Roberts can play D and RB. Dowdy D WR both backups at QB. Things will work themselves out but guessing Dowdy gets the start with his Dad the assistant coach.

Talked to Dicky this morning asked him about QBs he said both Dowdy and Roberts took snaps 50/50 and then when I said Ratliff his voice went up in tempo. He did his laugh and said he is the real deal. Can't wait till next Friday. It will work itself out and the cream will rise to the TOP.

 

Interesting. I would still be surprised if he starts this year, but if he's the best available he should.

 

I've been hearing how good he is but haven't had a chance to see him play yet. The fact that he's even in the discussion says a lot. Ashland does not start freshmen often, especially at qb or rb. The fact that the coaching staff has been happy with the other two so far makes me believe that next year will be Ratliff's chance. But again, if he's the best available he should be given his chance.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.