Top Middle School players in the NKY

TheHardaway

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of the best Middle School players in NKY are on the 8th grade for the Union Raiders. Kyle England is probably the best player in the area. Morgan Rabe is an excellent player as well. There are a few other kids on that team that would rank as some of the best at their positions in NKY.

A few of the best Middle School players in NKY are on the 8th grade for the Union Raiders. Kyle England is probably the best player in the area. Morgan Rabe is an excellent player as well. There are a few other kids on that team that would rank as some of the best at their positions in NKY.

Huddleston has been moved up to the Freshman team at Highlands. Compliments don't come much bigger than that for an 8th grader.

Huddleston has been moved up to the Freshman team at Highlands. Compliments don't come much bigger than that for an 8th grader.

Why the move up? Numbers? So he doesn't work with the freshman all off season but just now gets moved up? Or was this earlier?

I know lots of questions but it is really not uncommon all around the state for 8th graders to play freshman.

Why the move up? Numbers? So he doesn't work with the freshman all off season but just now gets moved up? Or was this earlier?

I know lots of questions but it is really not uncommon all around the state for 8th graders to play freshman.

Truly talented kid. I have heard there was a worry about him hurting kids his own age, plus wouldn't be challenged.

It is very very uncommon at Highlands. He moved up for his tenacity and talent. He is a special talent.

Awesome good for him!

Easy kid to root for. Great parents and he reflects that. He will be fun to watch develop. I would say that he will get to at least 6'2. Safety/linebacker hybrid unless they put him at middle as his body develops. Super athletic. Extremely powerful hitter. Has great pop.

Aiden Evans also. Best D End hands down.

Maybe, maybe not. There are four or five players on the Union Raiders 8th grade that could easily play freshman ball. They choose to stay with their group of friends and enjoy the season. Sometimes pushing kids along too quickly is not the right move. Certainly not knocking Huddleston for playing up. To each his own and he is a good player.

I don't think the question is could 8th graders play up. I think the point is at Highlands it is very rare. Union for sure has a few. The RB no question could. It's not that rare though in Union I believe. I think Morgan and a few others played up and played 8 th grade ball the same year.

I don't think the question is could 8th graders play up. I think the point is at Highlands it is very rare. Union for sure has a few. The RB no question could. It's not that rare though in Union I believe. I think Morgan and a few others played up and played 8 th grade ball the same year.

Not as rare at Highlands as you might think to be honest. Several in the last few years have played frosh as 8th graders and I am sure there were several others that could/should have done the same.

At a 6A school it could be detrimental. Many of kids have the talent but 8th graders probably should not move up to take the place of a freshman it numbers are good. If the younger levels are for development, then 8th graders would sometimes move up and not allow a borderline player to continue and potentially get better to help your program later. This happened in the scenario that you mentioned. Probably hurt the program in the long run. It used to be that if dads wanted their kids to play up, then the program let them. It is not the case any longer. Coaches in the Ryle program would rather 8th graders stay in their grade.