Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pete Rose and Statutory Rape

Featured Replies

He should have told the police. I, like you PM, believe Pete should never get in the HOF. However, I find this one a little hard to believe.

 

So were giving MLB a pass on this if they knew about it?

  • Replies 52
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So were giving MLB a pass on this if they knew about it?

 

Who said that?

 

Why are you so hellbent on giving Dowd a pass?

Who said that?

 

Why are you so hellbent on giving Dowd a pass?

 

Never said I was, just because people post other sides of issues doesnt mean thats what they agree with.

Never said I was, just because people post other sides of issues doesnt mean thats what they agree with.

 

So you're just randomly posting absurdities?

So you're just randomly posting absurdities?

 

Whatever you want to call them. You guys jumped so quick that Dowd didnt tell anyone till now, how do you know that? Have you been in his front pocket for the last 26 years?

Whatever you want to call them. You guys jumped so quick that Dowd didnt tell anyone till now, how do you know that? Have you been in his front pocket for the last 26 years?

 

All that matters is he didn't tell the authorities about it. Everything else is irrelevant. Who cares if he told MLB? Last time I checked they can't legally prosecute someone for committing a crime. :banghead:

This discredits Dowd more than Pete, IMO.

I agree. I'm not a fan of what PEte did and am to the point where I'm tired of hearing about him and his lies. With that sdaid however this just doesn't hold much water to me. Why would Dowd hold on to that information this long? He isn't helping the so called "Victim(s)" of said rape because the it's too late to take to crimnal court. This just doesn't feel factual to me. Dowd just wanting his name in the media again because he wants another 15 mins of fame.

I don't for a minute defend Dowd in keeping this a secret until now if true. I will say this though. Dowd has been pretty much been proven right on everything he has said up until now and Pete has pretty much lied until now on everything. My guess is that Dowd is telling the truth that Pete's bookie made the accusation. Now Pete's bookie could have been lying. How old is Dowd now? Maybe he has been holding this in all these years and felt guilty about it and wants to purge his soul before he passes. I don't know...

 

I would believe Dowd over Pete any day just based on the history of this whole thing...and I hate saying that because I used to love Rose (key words being "used to")...

There's no way, shape or form that Giamatti and/or Vincent wouldn't have been trumpeting this 25 years ago as just one other nail in Rose's coffin. No chance whatsoever, considering this would've removed any and all doubt about why they went after him, and it would've rendered any future protestations by Pete to be absolutely moot in light of the bigger issue.

 

If Giamatti/Vincent had that information at the time, they would've happily turned it over to every police agency they could. That puts Pete in a real prison instead of the "country club" type, and they never have to hear decades of him whining about how he got railroaded. The gambling stuff doesn't matter one iota in the face of a whole slew of child molestation charges. Pete never leaves prison in that scenario.

There's no way, shape or form that Giamatti and/or Vincent wouldn't have been trumpeting this 25 years ago as just one other nail in Rose's coffin. No chance whatsoever, considering this would've removed any and all doubt about why they went after him, and it would've rendered any future protestations by Pete to be absolutely moot in light of the bigger issue.

 

If Giamatti/Vincent had that information at the time, they would've happily turned it over to every police agency they could. That puts Pete in a real prison instead of the "country club" type, and they never have to hear decades of him whining about how he got railroaded. The gambling stuff doesn't matter one iota in the face of a whole slew of child molestation charges. Pete never leaves prison in that scenario.

 

Absolutely 100% spot on.

There's no way, shape or form that Giamatti and/or Vincent wouldn't have been trumpeting this 25 years ago as just one other nail in Rose's coffin. No chance whatsoever, considering this would've removed any and all doubt about why they went after him, and it would've rendered any future protestations by Pete to be absolutely moot in light of the bigger issue.

 

If Giamatti/Vincent had that information at the time, they would've happily turned it over to every police agency they could. That puts Pete in a real prison instead of the "country club" type, and they never have to hear decades of him whining about how he got railroaded. The gambling stuff doesn't matter one iota in the face of a whole slew of child molestation charges. Pete never leaves prison in that scenario.

 

Absolutely correct.

There's no way, shape or form that Giamatti and/or Vincent wouldn't have been trumpeting this 25 years ago as just one other nail in Rose's coffin. No chance whatsoever, considering this would've removed any and all doubt about why they went after him, and it would've rendered any future protestations by Pete to be absolutely moot in light of the bigger issue.

 

If Giamatti/Vincent had that information at the time, they would've happily turned it over to every police agency they could. That puts Pete in a real prison instead of the "country club" type, and they never have to hear decades of him whining about how he got railroaded. The gambling stuff doesn't matter one iota in the face of a whole slew of child molestation charges. Pete never leaves prison in that scenario.

 

I completely agree except I never heard Marion Ill Federal Prison or Prison Camp called a "Country Club". The "Camp" was Medium Security when Pete was there.

  • Author
I don't for a minute defend Dowd in keeping this a secret until now if true. I will say this though. Dowd has been pretty much been proven right on everything he has said up until now and Pete has pretty much lied until now on everything. My guess is that Dowd is telling the truth that Pete's bookie made the accusation. Now Pete's bookie could have been lying. How old is Dowd now? Maybe he has been holding this in all these years and felt guilty about it and wants to purge his soul before he passes. I don't know...

 

I would believe Dowd over Pete any day just based on the history of this whole thing...and I hate saying that because I used to love Rose (key words being "used to")...

 

I would have until this interview. Once he decided to push this in an attempt to get at Rose, and NOT to pressure an State Attorney, presumably Florida, he lost a ton of credibility with me. Dowd surely seems like trash

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.