Pete Rose and Statutory Rape

mexitucky

I am going to hold off judgment on this for a couple of reasons.

1. Consider the source of Dowd's information. A bookie...Rose notoriously owed people money throughout the end of his career due to gambling. He had every reason to drag Rose's name into the dirt.

2. Why is Dowd just NOW bringing this out? What kind of dirt ball releases this information now? Why wasn't Dowd trying to make this public when he got the information in order for the victims to have a voice to support a search for justice.

3. Rose is a habitual liar and will have a VERY hard time "disproving" this.

4. Not one victim has come out to say anything. Unlike other controversies (Sandusky, Cosby) involving sexual assault, no victim ever came forward. Seems to me like one would have in all of these years.

Pete Rose denies allegations of statutory rape | MLB | Sporting News

IMO, this interview does nothing but throw a little dirt on Rose's grave, while completely tarnishing Dowd. Who releases this kind of information as some sort of vengeance in an interview with a radio station? That is sick. Again, 25+ years to take that info to the authorities. What happened there?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dowd is convinced that it is his job to keep Pete Rose out of baseball. With a meeting with MLB looming he once again put in his 2 cents worth.

If Dowd knew of this 25 years ago and didn't bring it out then, he is a piece of garbage. If it is not true and just another swipe at Rose for personal reasons, well he is a piece of garbage.

If Pete raped someone he should be in prison, depending on the situation.

This discredits Dowd more than Pete, IMO.

No matter how this goes down, Dowd's reputation has now taken an unrecoverable hit. His "releasing" of this info is just so sleazy. He either looks like A. an opportunist, B. a pathetic grudge holder, or C. a jealous moron. Either way, he will always be seen as a creep b/c he did NOTHING with this info besides try to smear a reputation. IF he did not take this to the authorities as soon as he heard about it, then he is definitely a horrible human being.

Right, because baseball would try to protect a guy they despise and have done everything in their power to destroy....Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?

They would try to protect their game, thats what they do. Underage sex scandal hurts the game.

They would try to protect their game, thats what they do. Underage sex scandal hurts the game.

By a player who they've banned from baseball and consider a disgrace, it has no impact on the game. Keep reaching man. You don't really believe half the stuff you post do you?

Got to be honest, Rose comes across as kind of a creep/creepy to me, so sleeping with young girls back in the day...yea, I don't have a hard time seeing him do that. 12 yo? Don't know about that, but high school girls under 18, maybe. Doesn't mean he did do it, just not THAT hard for me to believe he might have.

However, with that, if Dowd actually had this information, that's the FIRST thing he should have reported 25 years ago. And if it IS true and he didn't report it, that makes him a sleaze too in my mind and there should be some repercussions for withholding that information...again IF true. And IF true, then why didn't he report it? Sounds fishy.

Got to be honest, Rose comes across as kind of a creep/creepy to me, so sleeping with young girls back in the day...yea, I don't have a hard time seeing him do that. 12 yo? Don't know about that, but high school girls under 18, maybe. Doesn't mean he did do it, just not THAT hard for me to believe he might have.

However, with that, if Dowd actually had this information, that's the FIRST thing he should have reported 25 years ago. And if it IS true and he didn't report it, that makes him a sleaze too in my mind and there should be some repercussions for withholding that information...again IF true. And IF true, then why didn't he report it? Sounds fishy.

If not true, who makes that up, or spreads rumors like that? Either way, he needs to be done.