Pete Rose and Statutory Rape

mexitucky

Former Rose associate Giosioa, who lived with Rose for several years but did not testify against him and wound up going to prison, told The Enquirer Friday that Rose did have several girlfriends, even while married.

“But these were women in their 20s ... never any 14 or 16-year olds,” Giosioa said. “Pete was a guy’s guy, and these women were very classy and very nice.

“If Bertolini did say that, it’s insane. He never lived with Pete, and I never saw anything like that.”

John Dowd makes new allegation against Pete Rose

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not believe this for a second! Why would Dowd wait until now to mention this? I'll tell you why, he thinks Pete may have a chance to get into the Hall and Dowd will stop at nothing to stop Rose, it's obvious that Dowd has a very strong hatred for Rose.

If I were Rose, I'd sue!

I do not believe this for a second! Why would Dowd wait until now to mention this? I'll tell you why, he thinks Pete may have a chance to get into the Hall and Dowd will stop at nothing to stop Rose, it's obvious that Dowd has a very strong hatred for Rose.

If I were Rose, I'd sue!

Sure seems like he has a case for slander.

If I were Rose, I'd sue!

Again, not defending Dowd waiting for so long...but I don't think he is a liar. We all KNOW Pete is basically a pathological liar. My guess is that Bertolini may have lied to Dowd; who knows. Also, I don't think Dowd thinks Pete is close to getting into the HOF at all. No way Pete gets in while he is alive. Even if BB reinstates him, which is doubtful, the guys who vote are NOT going to vote him in.

I agree that Dowd hates Rose. Keep in mind he did an in depth investigation of him and saw what a bum Pete was and the bums Pete hung with. Then he watched and listened to Pete lie for 20+ years saying the Dowd's investigation was improper. Then he watched Pete finally admit to gambling while a manager by writing a book for profit...while STILL lying about betting as a player. If I was Dowd, I would hate him too.

No way Rose sues. He is just posturing now. That is the last thing Pete needs now because if he sues, Dowd will most likely be able to bring up a whole bunch of stuff in court that has not come out about Pete yet. I will be absolutely shocked if Pete sues. Keep in mind that Dowd only said that Bertolini told him that Pete did the stuff with the girls...even if Bertolini says he did not are you going to believe Dowd or a shady character like Bertolini??

There's no way, shape or form that Giamatti and/or Vincent wouldn't have been trumpeting this 25 years ago as just one other nail in Rose's coffin. No chance whatsoever, considering this would've removed any and all doubt about why they went after him, and it would've rendered any future protestations by Pete to be absolutely moot in light of the bigger issue.

If Giamatti/Vincent had that information at the time, they would've happily turned it over to every police agency they could. That puts Pete in a real prison instead of the "country club" type, and they never have to hear decades of him whining about how he got railroaded. The gambling stuff doesn't matter one iota in the face of a whole slew of child molestation charges. Pete never leaves prison in that scenario.

If I am a reporter, I am calling Vincent TODAY and asking if he has ever heard of this accusation before. If he has, then why did he not say anything about it? If he has not, then why didn't Dowd tell him??? I would love to hear his answer. I think Vincent dislikes Rose as much as Dowd does...if not more.

If I am a reporter, I am calling Vincent TODAY and asking if he has ever heard of this accusation before. If he has, then why did he not say anything about it? If he has not, then why didn't Dowd tell him??? I would love to hear his answer. I think Vincent dislikes Rose as much as Dowd does...if not more.

I'd be all over this one and I agree. I'm anxiously awaiting Vincent's comments regarding "what he knew and when he knew it."

And I would also agree that Vincent hates Rose as much as anybody possibly could. After all, he holds Rose responsible for Giamatti's death.

My gosh! Can MLB just make the freakin’ decision that Pete Rose will never be in their HOF, say it and be done with this crap. MLB needs to get off this holier than thou “integrity of the game” bullcrap. Nobody buys it any more, it’s entertainment and entertainment makes MONEY. Why do we think Elvis was continually supplied with pills to keep going? Because he was still entertaining. Folks knew what he was doing but they still bought his tickets and applauded his act. Same when Maguire and Sosa “saved” baseball. If anyone for a minute thought those guys weren’t juiced, they were NOT paying attention. I used to believe in the “integrity of the game”, I was also 10 years old once.

So what does my diatribe have to do with the Rose situation? I say stop the charade MLB. Defecate or get off the pot with this Rose stuff and quit using the man as a whipping boy, he doesn’t need your help there. Stop the systematic “release” of “information” every time you think Pete Rose is getting closer to opening that HOF door and tarnish the game. The game has been “tarnished” far before Pete Rose and will continue to be long after Cincy’s own bad boy is gone.

Sorry for going off. Just wanted to vent some frustration about professional sports folks who think they are “saving the game” for us.

I hear ya Ol Dog but I don't think MLB has ever really been that close to reinstating Rose. Media people and some fans clamor for it but MLB has never really acted like he was close to being reinstated. He signed a ban for life. The commissioners after Giamatti don't want to be the one to reinstate Rose; especially since they pretty much knew all along that he bet AS A PLAYER as well as a manager...and was lying about it.

I don't think Dowd is acting out for MLB by saying what he just did. If anything, I bet MLB would want Dowd to "just shut up" because now people will want to know what MLB knew about this at the time.