George W shows up for Jury Duty

Hellbird

I don't know why, but that is awesome.

Random question. Does Secret Service have to be with him during these proceedings? Say he is selected for a case, will there really be 14 jurors in the room if you count his detail?

I don't know why, but that is awesome.

Random question. Does Secret Service have to be with him during these proceedings? Say he is selected for a case, will there really be 14 jurors in the room if you count his detail?

Great question. I would think once the SS checked out the jury room and the other jurors it would be ok for them not to be in the room but I'm just guessing.

Great question. I would think once the SS checked out the jury room and the other jurors it would be ok for them not to be in the room but I'm just guessing.

I don't know. You would think some type of security clearance would have to be attained to be in a closed room with a (former) POTUS.

You would think some type of security clearance would have to be attained to be in a closed room with a (former) POTUS.

I'd bet there is zero chance he actually sits on a trial.

I'd agree with the latter simply because of the former. It would seem almost impossible for him to be able to sit on a trial but it is still really cool that he went and did his civic duty.

That's cool to hear. I'd bet that most 'famous' people would have ditched. Glad to see W do the right thing and go. Even better to see him blend in and hang out with the other folks there.

Can't hurt to have some good publicity heading into Jeb's debate tonight. :thumb:

I'd agree with the latter simply because of the former. It would seem almost impossible for him to be able to sit on a trial but it is still really cool that he went and did his civic duty.

Oh yeah, no doubt he will never sit in for a trial. Cool to ponder. Sounds like the makings of a comedy film.

That's cool to hear. I'd bet that most 'famous' people would have ditched. Glad to see W do the right thing and go. Even better to see him blend in and hang out with the other folks there.

George W. Bush is kinda the type of person who even if his political views nauseated you, you still have to admit he is a pretty good and genuine guy.

Chief Justice Roberts reported for jury duty in April of this year. Fellow Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan also has shown up for jury duty a couple of times in D.C.

Cool. I wonder if anyone knew who in the hell they were? I know who both are and what they look like in their settings, but I would not know it was either of them (Roberts, maybe) if they walked in to my office. I bet 99% of America is the same as me.