Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sandra Bland

Featured Replies

I still have an extremely hard time believing she would kill herself over a traffic violation and subsequent arrest, and how she was treated by the arresting officer.

 

I saw a woman try to slice her wrist right in front of me rather than to go to jail for a $40 shoplifting...you just never know what is going through peoples mind or what their mind set is.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw a woman try to slice her wrist right in front of me rather than to go to jail for a $40 shoplifting...you just never know what is going through peoples mind or what their mind set is.

You are exactly right, and that's why I stated I would have to consider suicide as an option now after hearing about her past depression. I still have a hard time with that though.

I'd guess that well over 99% of people that die while incarcerated die due to self inflicted or inmate inflicted harm. But it's more fun to speculate that it's the less than 1%, right?

 

If she died at the hands of corrections officers then they need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

 

I see no fun in speculating over a woman's tragic death no matter how it happened.

I see no fun in speculating over a woman's tragic death no matter how it happened.

 

I agree, but that seems to be a favorite past time of some.

 

I still have an extremely hard time believing she would kill herself over a traffic violation and subsequent arrest, and how she was treated by the arresting officer.

 

Who said those are the reasons she (allegedly) killed herself? You already pointed out she admitted being somewhat depressed on video...

 

My point is right now we dont know exactly what happened and jumping to conclusions and suggesting murder when there's nothing to support the claim is silly imo.

This is now being investigated as a murder.

Police released 3 hours worth of video from inside the jail. No officer was seen entering her cell prior to her being found dead.

Police released 3 hours worth of video from inside the jail. No officer was seen entering her cell prior to her being found dead.

 

Interesting that they are investigating it as a murder but no jail employees go into the cell before she died.

 

Edit...

 

From what I read they don't have any information that would make them consider it a murder right now, but they are investigating it like they would if it were.

Wonder if she was on any sort of suicide watch? I guess not since she actually had access to a plastic bag with which she hung herself (at least as it appears for the time being). When on suicide watch officers are required to visually check the prisoner every so often as well, usually every 15 minutes or so. Then again, the police probably had no indication she needed to be on suicide watch either.

Could someone who knows the law tell us what each did wrong during the traffic stop?

 

Can the cop make her put out her cigarette?

Is she allowed to refuse to get out of the car?

Could someone who knows the law tell us what each did wrong during the traffic stop?

 

Can the cop make her put out her cigarette?

Is she allowed to refuse to get out of the car?

 

Police have the authority to get you out of the car. I believe the supreme court case Pennsylvania v Mimms is relevant there.

I couldn't hear the audio with the video, but what in the world made the situation escalate to where the officer was pulling her out of the car, or even asked her to step out of the car?

I still have an extremely hard time believing she would kill herself over a traffic violation and subsequent arrest, and how she was treated by the arresting officer.

People have killed themselves for much less...just sayin.

 

I don't think anyone can put themselves in someone elses mind because they will never know what that person was going through mentally.

 

I always wonder why someone would try and argue with an officer and make things much worse than they needed to be in the first place also. Officer was yelling at her, but she also brought that on herself for refusing to do as the officer asked. Sorry I don't feel sorry for her.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.