July 23, 201511 yr From what I saw in this video the police officer asked her why she was upset, so she answered him. He didn't care for her response, so he continued to egg her on to upset her some more. Although his bull crap was unwarranted, of course she should have just followed his orders to avoid more issues, however I can completely identify with her anger, and though once she started speaking her mind and didn't stop which didn't help the issue, I somehow still can't say that I blame her for feeling that way, and wanting to spill her guts. This cop was a jerk, and though not all cops are jerks, there's still a lot who are. They somehow seem to be schooled to be jerks, and I personally can't stand when they overuse their authority in attempts to make matters worse when they know if you start getting under someone's skin they'll have their limits and could eventually talk back, which is exactly what some cops want to happen. Those type of cops need to be singled out and schooled not to attempt to escalate situations, and if they continue to, they should be released from their duties. Being a police officer doesn't give you the right to disrespect people just because you think that you can, or are in a position of power. When it happens from from little situations to large, it's still abuse of power and can really get under people's skin 'til they stand the chance of upsetting the wrong person who may have zero conscience out taking the police officer out. I personally couldn't ever take things that far, but I still very much understand the frustration of being dealt with by police officer who is abusing his power. Thankfully I've never been arrested in my life, but I've been pulled over here and there for traffic violations in the 30+ years that I've been driving. Thankfully all of the situations were handled well, and I kept my cool too, so nothing terrible ever came from them, however there still were a few officers on the edge of trying me where I just stayed chill. One situation that I once had that didn't end badly, or even with me being stopped upsets me to this day more than anytime that I was ever pulled over. I used to work 3rd shift, so on my nights off my sleeping patterns saw me up late, and often I'd go take in a club show. It was a Wednesday morning and I had not been drinking, and I was heading home late driving on a two lane one way street where the only cars on the road were me and a police officer. I came up behind him and saw that he was driving 5 mph, and I thought that he was investigating a possible call, and he was slowing down to get a better look. There was no need for me to follow him, so I carefully switched lanes and got into the right lane. He immediately sped up and jumped in front of me, and again started going 5 mph. I couldn't wrap my head around why he did that, but again my instinct was to then switch to the left lane, and again he sped up to jump back in front of me where he continued this game for 12 city blocks to eventually turn and move on. In the process he was actually standing the chance that I would accidentally hit him in this mess of a situation, and the way he was driving was constantly creating a situation increasing the chances of a problem. In short order I realized that he was toying with me, testing my reactions, and I had even considered just pulling over waiting for him to just get lost, but thought that if I did he'd certainly stop and try to question me where I feared him creating an unnecessary situation where I'd get a ticket for nothing considering that he was obviously a jerk, so I kept allowing him to play the game all the while I was getting more and more upset as it continued. I didn't catch his car number, but the next day I phoned the police department, from a pay phone of course, and expressed my displeasure as a tax paying citizen that I would be bullied like that for no reason, and of course the person I spoke to could give a crap about what I had to say as they're all apart of the same cult of overzealous idiots from top all the way to the people answering the phones. They are always right and citizens are always wrong and even when they are wrong, they are still right. Don't get me started because I have a handful of other non-traffic related situations where the police department was in the wrong and had failed me, but that's a few more chapters and I need to set limits somewhere. This attitude of mine is not coming from someone whose had run ins with the law, as I have a sparkling clean record, but I'm not so blind to the fact that there are an awful lot of police officers out there that belong in another field just as soon as their power starts going to their heads, but sadly it would also appear that developing that big head is all apart of the process of and part of the job. It seems terribly like a catch-22 somehow, and I no doubt can understand the stresses of the job, but no matter what, abusing that power is completely unacceptable, but still it happens far too much.
July 23, 201511 yr So this lady just accepted a job at her alma matar at a college, so obviously she isn't dumb. So why did she just co operate with the cop. Maybe she was trying to bully him since she assumed that since she is black a all the stuff that has happened that he would back down. Then she goes and kills herself and the cop is blamed, she could have had a ticket or warning if she didn't act stupid. She had no excuse for what she did to herself, I may not know what went through her mind, but I do know I ain't killing myself over a ticket. Idk man. I think the cop was a tool. I think she had some deep psychological problems. I think it was a horrible combonation of events for her particular situation. It's really hard for people like you and I to make sense of what people with mental disorders go through. I've learned that through my lady friends line of work. I've heard some stuff man. We have it easy.
July 23, 201511 yr Family attorney says coroner texted saying the autopsy was screwed up and they have to do another one.
July 23, 201511 yr Sad situation. As far as the traffic stop, as others have mentioned, the officer did escalate this, and you see the type of person he is when he responded to her by saying "good". Total power trip.
July 23, 201511 yr Personally I think that is the heart of the issue. Some people seem to immediately turn combative with Police when they are being cited for something (even if it's a warning). That is a natural response from some. I think it was what made this a bad situation. Agree on people getting defensive and combative versus respectful. I tell my teens to always be 100% polite and respectful if they are ever stopped or questioned by our law enforcement.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.