Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2018 LexCath G TC Price offered

Featured Replies

He still scored less than 1 point a game, on average, in 9 games of varsity action as a freshman.

 

How does this warrant him a verbal commit to Toledo?

 

I have seen him play too. Didnt his grandfather play at UK? If so I think we may be on to something.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TC moved to Lexington just b4 the his 9th grade yr. was top 8th grader in wva. Made the top 40 all star game at crossroads elite where there were 150 of the top 2018's in the nation. A 6'3 combo who can shoot it and distribute . A lot of mid's recruiting him .

Btw, one grandfather played for uk, his other one is #4 all time career scorer at Marshall and was drafted by the nba. Father played at vcu. Decent pedigree I'd say

I thought this forum was a place where people could express thoughts and opinions but it seems anymore that if someone has a differing thought or opinion they are attacked. Just my opinion/thought.

 

That's what happens on message boards and as long as I am an active member on this one I'll always go after anyone who appears to be publicly bashing a kid. Not cool at all.

As anyone who follows recruiting should know, it's all about taking advantage of opportunity. TC went to elite camp and played well. He earned an offer. It happens.

As anyone who follows recruiting should know, it's all about taking advantage of opportunity. TC went to elite camp and played well. He earned an offer. It happens.

 

But he barely averaged 1 point a game last season on varsity!!!!!!! :no: :lol2:

Anyone who is questioning a player receiving an offer obviously has "NO CLUE" how recruiting works. As stated earlier, Show Up, Be Seen, Perform Well, Get Offer. Happens in football more often than most would think. Go to the football thread and read up on Austin Hergott of Highlands who had virtually no varsity head turning stats to speak of but performed well enough at camps this summer to pick up an offer from CMU and if I'm not mistaken I believe the same thing happened to Reggie Bonafon from Trinity with UofL. If the player wasn't worthy then he wouldn't have picked up the offer. "Don't hate the player, hate the game..."

Congrats to the young fella and continued success!!

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" You act like Lexington Catholic doesn't ever have D1 talent. They're the one team in Lexington that constantly reloads, and you can never count out. They're a "Team" they have solid players that know the system. Don't judge a kid by the number of points he scores as a freshman, he got a MAC offer, it's not a Power 5. Elite Camps, AAU Circuits, thats where you earn your offers. Coaches during basketball season only visit the guys they have on the radar, since they're only given so many visits. That's why coaches go to AAU or host Elite Camps as they give you more bang for your buck.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" You act like Lexington Catholic doesn't ever have D1 talent. They're the one team in Lexington that constantly reloads, and you can never count out. They're a "Team" they have solid players that know the system. Don't judge a kid by the number of points he scores as a freshman, he got a MAC offer, it's not a Power 5. Elite Camps, AAU Circuits, thats where you earn your offers. Coaches during basketball season only visit the guys they have on the radar, since they're only given so many visits. That's why coaches go to AAU or host Elite Camps as they give you more bang for your buck.

 

There will be more kids earning offers in July that you've never heard of. The 2017 and 2018 classes in KY are as deep as I've ever seen.

For sure, The 12th Region will be a fun one for the next couple years

That's what happens on message boards and as long as I am an active member on this one I'll always go after anyone who appears to be publicly bashing a kid. Not cool at all.

 

Not bashing the kid

 

I am bashing the idiocy of the process.

 

You are just twisting the agenda around to meet your needs because I am an outspoken Christian and you cannot stand it because what I speak is the Truth.

Anyone who is questioning a player receiving an offer obviously has "NO CLUE" how recruiting works. As stated earlier, Show Up, Be Seen, Perform Well, Get Offer. Happens in football more often than most would think. Go to the football thread and read up on Austin Hergott of Highlands who had virtually no varsity head turning stats to speak of but performed well enough at camps this summer to pick up an offer from CMU and if I'm not mistaken I believe the same thing happened to Reggie Bonafon from Trinity with UofL. If the player wasn't worthy then he wouldn't have picked up the offer. "Don't hate the player, hate the game..."

Congrats to the young fella and continued success!!

 

It is a verbal commit based upon his pedigree.

 

I know how the recruiting process works.

It is a verbal commit based upon his pedigree.

 

I know how the recruiting process works.

 

So if you know how the process works, and the young man's pedigree may or may not have played a part in it, why would you even bring the up his avg. as a freshman? When you open up that can of worms some posters view it as bashing the player. Personally I could care less because I'm happy for any player from this State that gets an opportunity to play and pursue dreams at the next level.

And yeah, it's only a verbal which can be rescinded by either side, but it is still positive as there are 100's of others across the State that would be honored to be in this position especially at a young age.

He still scored less than 1 point a game' date=' on average, in 9 games of varsity action as a freshman. How does this warrant him a verbal commit to Toledo?[/quote']

 

Did he commit?

This has to be one of the most bizarre threads I've seen on here.

 

I agree with some part of both sides of this argument. The reality is the kid must've done well in front of the right person to get that offer. The other reality is that way too many of these programs throw out offers before they do the proper due diligence. That leads to some of these offers being worthless, as was referenced above. In reality, no school should offer based solely upon an unknown sophomore-to-be's performance at an elite camp. That being said, maybe this kid was truly on their radar prior to the camp. If so, then it's likely much more legit.

 

I didn't know of this kid prior to this thread. Did he play with Lex Cath in summer ball?

 

And yes I am A Christian....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.