Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

US Open

Featured Replies

  • Author
I love that tracker. It really helps you see the shape of the shot and understand what the golfer was trying to do on a good shot, or what went wrong on a bad shot.

 

I watched the US Open experience broadcast on Directv (the group of channels starts on 702). I didn't love the announcers, but I thought the coverage was pretty good.

 

The tracer in golf is about the equivalent to the yellow first down line in football. I love it!!!..Tee to green I am ok with this course...the greens...they aren't good enough to play a club championship let alone the US Open...ugh...

  • Replies 80
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree about the tracker. Love it. Still, I kinda like the fox football guys coverage. Phil and Dustin Johnson both seemed a little awkward being interviewed by someone who was bigger than they are instead of the normal British accent hobbit. Can't wait to watch today. Kinda like the course.

Totally agree about the tracker. Love it. Still, I kinda like the fox football guys coverage. Phil and Dustin Johnson both seemed a little awkward being interviewed by someone who was bigger than they are instead of the normal British accent hobbit. Can't wait to watch today. Kinda like the course.

 

Agreed on all counts. My only issue with the commentators is that there are so many of them, they seem to have continuity issues.

I'm also kind of glad that it seems the national audience is interested in watching regardless if Tiger is in it or not. At least it seems to have shifted that way.

Someone once said - 10,000 guys can play this game physically, 1,000 can play it mentally but only 100 can play it emotionally. Tiger is not even close to that 100 right now.

Someone once said - 10,000 guys can play this game physically, 1,000 can play it mentally but only 100 can play it emotionally. Tiger is not even close to that 100 right now.

 

I don't know that Tiger could break 75 at Devou right now.

The tracer in golf is about the equivalent to the yellow first down line in football. I love it!!!..Tee to green I am ok with this course...the greens...they aren't good enough to play a club championship let alone the US Open...ugh...

 

 

As far as the greens, again, I think they are just different. We aren't used to seeing different types of grasses on our greens on TV. The Poa grass is unusual, but I can tell you it's really tough to putt. I played a course in Texas with Poa mixed in and I never figured it out. The worst round of golf I shot in my adult life.

I actually like watching them putt on these greens. Kinda makes me feel like they're ordinary guys like me. I love that "god I hate this green" look after they miss a 6 footer. I have that look 5 times a round.

Tiger didn't make the cut.

 

Awesome, hope he never makes another cut either.

  • Author

Watching Gary Player this morning on the Golf Channel and then on ESPN was almost comical. He absolutely teed of on how bad this course is and even called it a tragedy that they are playing it there. One thing I like about Gary Player is the he says what he wants and doesn't care who likes it or not...sort of like the Charles Barkley of golf.

Watching Gary Player this morning on the Golf Channel and then on ESPN was almost comical. He absolutely teed of on how bad this course is and even called it a tragedy that they are playing it there. One thing I like about Gary Player is the he says what he wants and doesn't care who likes it or not...sort of like the Charles Barkley of golf.

 

Heard him on PGA Tour XM channel.

 

"Architect had one leg shorter than the other."

You know, I like Jason day, but I wonder what the over/under is on him falling over today. People will be watching him like they watch a NASCAR race today.

  • Author

Watching Jason Day may be painful. He looks a little shaky to say the least. Vertigo must just be awful.

 

The greens are going to be bad the rest of the day. Early they were OK. Now you can actually see them changing colors (po is growing out and is lighter in color). On Day's second putt on #2 , the announcer actually said "it looks like it hit something"...yeah a piece of the po...these greens are just awful!

Greens don't look too bad for Spieth

From the blimp the course looks like a landfill

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.