Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Spring/Summer Transfers

Featured Replies

Shaddai Scott also transferred to LCA from (I believe) Madison Central. Another talented freshman.

 

Was at North Laurel last year and Montgomery County before that.

  • Replies 78
  • Views 24.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard Fitzgerald and Butt are headed to Fern Creek. Also heard Jared Southerland is on the move AGAIN, good source said he will enroll at Mercer County. Southerland will be going to this third school in 3 yrs, what's the deal with this kid? People say its his daddy, if he isn't happy and his kid dont get all the minutes he's ready to snatch his kid out. If he thinks Southerland is gonna get a lot of minutes at Mercer next year he better relocate again, because they're loaded!

Heard Fitzgerald and Butt are headed to Fern Creek. Also heard Jared Southerland is on the move AGAIN, good source said he will enroll at Mercer County. Southerland will be going to this third school in 3 yrs, what's the deal with this kid? People say its his daddy, if he isn't happy and his kid dont get all the minutes he's ready to snatch his kid out. If he thinks Southerland is gonna get a lot of minutes at Mercer next year he better relocate again, because they're loaded!

 

Now it's Fern Creek for Butt and Fitzgerald? At this point I won't be surprised if they stay in Somerset or head to Louisville.

 

 

I'll believe Southerland goes anywhere when I see it. However, he's the second best golfer at Danville. If he goes to Mercer would he be their best golfer for the next three years? Golf is his main sport. That may make a difference. I had heard Garrard County was a possible destination also.

 

Rumor has it that his dad and Coach McKinney got into it recently and that is why Jared isn't play basketball his season. I don't know how true that is but that is the story going around town. I don't know why he left Boyle County I just know that he enrolled back into Danville after spring break of his 8th Grade year.

  • Author
Now it's Fern Creek for Butt and Fitzgerald? At this point I won't be surprised if they stay in Somerset or head to Louisville.

 

 

I'll believe Southerland goes anywhere when I see it. However, he's the second best golfer at Danville. If he goes to Mercer would he be their best golfer for the next three years? Golf is his main sport. That may make a difference. I had heard Garrard County was a possible destination also.

 

Rumor has it that his dad and Coach McKinney got into it recently and that is why Jared isn't play basketball his season. I don't know how true that is but that is the story going around town. I don't know why he left Boyle County I just know that he enrolled back into Danville after spring break of his 8th Grade year.

 

If all these kids keep showing up at Mercer then they'll be almost too loaded. There are only 32 minutes in a game. I can guarantee Hager and Faulkner will rarely leave the floor.

If all these kids keep showing up at Mercer then they'll be almost too loaded. There are only 32 minutes in a game. I can guarantee Hager and Faulkner will rarely leave the floor.

 

Truth. And Dow, Mink and Davis will be on the court as long as they can be as well. If they aren't in foul trouble they will be on the court.

The Mercer County Fightin' Doorsteps.

The Mercer County Fightin' Doorsteps.

 

Historically, Mercer has always been on the outside looking in when it comes to transfers. Funny what a little success does, ain't it?

My phone has been blowing up all day with folks saying Jared Southerland is headed to Mercer County.

Just saw this on Twitter...

 

UHA 2017 Jaylen Sebree is transferring to Christian County

Anyone at KBA this weekend seeing any new faces on new teams? Looks like Southwestern is doing good so I'm guessing that Butt and Fitzgerald are still there.

The Sebree transfer should be considered a pretty big transfer considering he has offers from VCU and Samford.

This really puts HHS and CCHS at the top for the Region 2 title, I'll give the tip to the Colonels now unless Atilola improves enough to be dominant...he's not there yet.

  • Author
Just saw this on Twitter...

 

UHA 2017 Jaylen Sebree is transferring to Christian County

 

That's been known for a couple weeks now. Will be more interesting to see if he gets eligible.

If all these kids keep showing up at Mercer then they'll be almost too loaded. There are only 32 minutes in a game. I can guarantee Hager and Faulkner will rarely leave the floor.

 

I think you hit on something that is wrong with some teams. They are like UCLA of old stockpiling talent and it comes back to haunt them. You can be too loaded. It is a rare situation that happened at UK this year where kids put aside their egos and share half games with a loaded depth chart. I really believe that your best players need 75% plus minutes in high school games where only 1 game is played per night. Team chemistry suffers and it really is a problem of being too loaded with some teams.

 

Where do you find the minutes? At best I think an 8 man rotation with the 7th and 8th players getting less than 1/3 of the game produces the best allocation of minutes.

I think you hit on something that is wrong with some teams. They are like UCLA of old stockpiling talent and it comes back to haunt them. You can be too loaded. It is a rare situation that happened at UK this year where kids put aside their egos and share half games with a loaded depth chart. I really believe that your best players need 75% plus minutes in high school games where only 1 game is played per night. Team chemistry suffers and it really is a problem of being too loaded with some teams.

 

Where do you find the minutes? At best I think an 8 man rotation with the 7th and 8th players getting less than 1/3 of the game produces the best allocation of minutes.

 

I completely agree with what you're saying. Trust me when I say Mercer is by no means "too loaded." Depth was a big issue for them last year and they lost 2 key reserves to graduation. For them to be most effective, they need to play up tempo and they couldn't really do that last year.

 

To date, I believe the (2) Miller brothers are all that have transferred to Mercer. As far as numbers go, that would put them on par with where they were last year. They're quite a ways from having the UK issue.

I completely agree with what you're saying. Trust me when I say Mercer is by no means "too loaded." Depth was a big issue for them last year and they lost 2 key reserves to graduation. For them to be most effective, they need to play up tempo and they couldn't really do that last year.

 

To date, I believe the (2) Miller brothers are all that have transferred to Mercer. As far as numbers go, that would put them on par with where they were last year. They're quite a ways from having the UK issue.

 

I think we are in agreement and I really would not know if this would be a problem for Mercer as I am not too aware of their roster beyond the Hager, Faulkner, and Dow trio. But, I doubt any of those three should play less than 75-85% of any game absent foul trouble or injury.

 

In a HS game there is only 160 minutes and if you have a solid trio that plays 83% of a game that accounts for 80 of those 160 minutes leaving 50% of the minutes for the rest of a team. If you play an 8 man rotation with those other 5 getting equal time they would only play 50% of the game. Many really good transfers are not going to want to play 50% of a game so either you add guys who will also play 75-85% of the game and then the other players who do not figure in the top 5 players must settle for 15-25% playing time. As a coach with a deep team you will likely have team chemistry problems or kids/parents unhappy with limited minutes.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.