Highlands/West Jessamine State Championship

Looking to be a battle tonight. Both teams are playing good baseball right now. What will be the difference. Pitching or a team that is capable of huge offensive output?

Birds look to be fine in the pitching dept. With Jones, Doty, Bunning, and Noe all available, should be solid. And there bats can get it done.

WJ, I have no idea! Would love for someone to add their thoughts.

Horst, I'm sure you are up to snuff on them. Anything?

Go Birds!

IMO Highlands has been the team to beat all year. Mostly senior team, Mitch Jones is accustomed to being on the hill in big games. West Jess is playing well, but I'm gonna take the Birds in this one. Birds have been tested in this tourney, WJ got a great draw and hasn't played a really good team yet. HHS has been primed for this night for 3 years when all these seniors were playing as Sophs. As HS goes this is a class of a lifetime for Coach B, and I think they get it done.

Looking to be a battle tonight. Both teams are playing good baseball right now. What will be the difference. Pitching or a team that is capable of huge offensive output?

Birds look to be fine in the pitching dept. With Jones, Doty, Bunning, and Noe all available, should be solid. And there bats can get it done.

WJ, I have no idea! Would love for someone to add their thoughts.

Horst, I'm sure you are up to snuff on them. Anything?

Go Birds!

As baseball purists say... good pitching always beats good hitting and I think that old adage rings true tonight.

The Birds have gotten stellar pitching all year and I expect that to continue tonight.

As for West, have no idea what they have left on the bump. The 5 inning run rule game last night really doesn't matter much as whoever would have thrown the final 2 innings would have been eligible tonight.

West's bats have been solid in the tourney for sure so something's gotta give right?

Although the Birds have only scored 13 runs in the tourney they more than capable of breaking out the sticks at any time. I'm expecting that to happen tonight.

The D Birds are fun to watch. One of the best pitching staffs assembled in our region in the 20 years I've been watching some games each year. They are just a very solid team all around. I'm sure JB will have them focused and relaxed to take home a championship. Outstanding ball club and I'm sure that they are not taking WJ for granted. WJ is very good team, too. Good luck to the D Birds!

IMO Highlands has been the team to beat all year. Mostly senior team, Mitch Jones is accustomed to being on the hill in big games. West Jess is playing well, but I'm gonna take the Birds in this one. Birds have been tested in this tourney, WJ got a great draw and hasn't played a really good team yet. HHS has been primed for this night for 3 years when all these seniors were playing as Sophs. As HS goes this is a class of a lifetime for Coach B, and I think they get it done.

I wouldn't say WJ hasn't played anybody yet. If you make state you are really good, then win a game, so they are not playing cupcakes. My be there just that good. I don't know , just a guess. Highlands is a very good team also. Beat my Greenup Co team, so I hope Highlands wins. That way Greenup got beat by state champs. WJ has put up some big numbers so far , sure it will be a great game.