Highlands 3 North Bullitt 1 (Rawlings/KHSAA State Baseball Tournament)

Listening to the internet announcers discussing this play was comical. One actually said that even if the ball was foul, he would call the batter out because the ball may come back to fair territory...what??

The home plate ump had to be bailed out by the first base ump because he totally missed the call...

I have no clue what those two were thinking about it "might come back fair."

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Dirty Birds. A great team effort again.

My play of the game was when Alex Veneman was on second base, the batter bunts down the third base line, 3rd baseman throws a frozen rope to 1st base. The next thing I saw was Alex sliding across the plate. The throw home was late getting there. Was that decision to go home on that play the coaches or did Alex do that on his own? Talk about speed,yikes!!

That was impressive. Alex can fly - anyone who ever watched him as a WR already knew that. Didn't he run track previously? I did not know he played baseball until recently. Has he always played baseball at HHS??

I have no clue what those two were thinking about it "might come back fair."

I saw the ump signal "fair" and then the ball hit the back of the runners foot. They had to call it the way they did, if not, the umps would have really looked stupid.

When is the Birds next game? Thanks!

I saw the ump signal "fair" and then the ball hit the back of the runners foot. They had to call it the way they did' date=' if not, the umps would have really looked stupid. When is the Birds next game? Thanks![/quote']

We saw it differently. Ball hit the foot and then he signaled fair. He wouldn't give ANY signal until the ball is touched or comes to a stop.

Friday 6:00

That was impressive. Alex can fly - anyone who ever watched him as a WR already knew that. Didn't he run track previously? I did not know he played baseball until recently. Has he always played baseball at HHS??

I saw him on the football field a lot. Never seen anybody score from 2nd base on a bunt, with no errors. WOW.

He does run track. Don't remember which events, but I'm 99% sure he won state in something just a couple weeks ago. Maybe the 200?