Can American Pharoah win the Triple Crown?

Thanks for the update. Looks like the road to the Triple Crown just got a little easier. The field is down to eight? I hope the field doesn't get any smaller. I'm thinking about not betting this race at all. Short field and a 4/5 favorite until race time, people making their $2 to win just for keepsake will bring the odds down on AP. Race time odds on AP will be 1/5.

I love it. Going to be a big money day if you pick the right underdog.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post Positions and Morning Line for Belmont Stakes

Belmont Stakes (GI)

Post time: 6:50 p.m. Saturday at Belmont Park in Elmont, N.Y. Purse: $1.5 million. Distance: 1 1/2 miles. TV: NBC. Radio: ESPN 680 in Louisville.

PP horse (weight) jockey/trainer odds

1. Mubtaahij (126) Ortiz Jr./de Kock 10-1

2. Tale of Verve (126) Stevens/Stewart 15-1

3. Madefromlucky (126) Castellano/Pletcher 12-1

4. Frammento (126) Smith/Zito 30-1

5. American Pharoah (126) Espinoza/Baffert 3-5

6. Frosted (126) Rosario/McLaughlin 5-1

7. Keen Ice (126) Desormeaux/Romans 20-1

8. Materiality (126) Velazquez/Pletcher 6-1

I would like to win some money but I would like to see a TC too.

Plenty of opps to win lots that day. Great card. Not betting the Belmont, just buying a $2 win ticket on the 5 for a keepsake. Gonna sit back and enjoy American Pharaoh draw off down the stretch. Epic.

I like AP, but Frosted has a good chance, and I like his jockey - Joel Rosario. A Frosted win would not surprise me one bit.

Well you have to consider my mindset. I never even think about the favorite. To me, AP isn't even in the race. I try to pick the winner from the other 7 and hope to get lucky.

Belterra completely whiffed on the Clubhouse dining and Clubhouse viewing of live racing. The Grandstand is nice and has a great view of the track. The teller spots (and self-serve machines) are not in the best locations but at least it isn't as bad as the Clubhouse. If they wanted to see how to do it correctly at a small track they should have studied Indiana Downs. The Clubhouse seating there is tiered and offers TV tables and a nice view of the track.

That said I think they realized that they wayyyyyyyy underestimated the social/racing fan compared to the slots fan in this area. They are starting to do more things geared towards the social/racing fan that wants to come to a track and be entertained.

Start by getting rid of that clueless announcer.

You heard it here folks, Keen Ice will hit the board in this race if not win it.

That's the only horse in the race that's bread for that distance. I still have my doubts. I like Tale of Verve a lot too.