Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dale Mueller's future

Featured Replies

I understand that Dale Mueller is set to retire from Highlands/Fort Thomas at the end of this school year. Any word on what Dale Mueller's plans are in retirement? I had heard that he was going to be doing some public speaking gigs, or something to that effect.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my understanding he wants to help coaches. He did a clinic and I believe he wants to continue doing things like that. If the right placed offered he might coach again.

If the right placed offered he might coach again.

 

I find this very hard to believe. There is little-to-no incentive for him to coach at this point. He wouldn't have given up one of the best coaching jobs in the state if he was planning on coaching again.

I find this very hard to believe. There is little-to-no incentive for him to coach at this point. He wouldn't have given up one of the best coaching jobs in the state if he was planning on coaching again.

 

Sure sounded like he was ready to enjoy his family full time.

Awfully quiet in here. Did this accidentally get posted in the basketball forum?

Enjoy his family, fish and give back to his church would be my guess.

Awfully quiet in here. Did this accidentally get posted in the basketball forum?

 

Ha. Guess because he is retired and that's that. I will agree with Q. Family, fish, and Church and in no particular order.

Awfully quiet in here. Did this accidentally get posted in the basketball forum?

 

Why shouldn't it be quiet? Don't think Dale's a member and nobody else knows what he plans to do other than what he's said and that has been noted in this thread already. He wants to enjoy his family and do some fishing. I could see the clinics periodically but doubt if he wants to put much time towards them.

I heard he was going to be a talent evaluator for BGP so that he could settle disputes on who is the best. We all know who he will say though.

I find this very hard to believe. There is little-to-no incentive for him to coach at this point. He wouldn't have given up one of the best coaching jobs in the state if he was planning on coaching again.

I've heard him say it twice in less than 6 months. I'm not saying he is looking to get right back in or that is a done deal that he will at some point. He made it pretty clear he wasn't ruling it out. I'm not even saying he would coach in KY. I think there are some places in OH that he thinks it would be interesting to coach at.

 

I personally don't care which way he goes. I'm just restating what he said he was looking to do now that he is retiring. Be involved with coaches being the main thing he stated.

FTJFL? Wouldn't that be "Neat".....

 

I ask him a few weeks ago at night at the races and he said not this season but next season possible. He would be a "great" person on the board. Not a "good one" but a "great one" as a board member.

I would like to see him take over a small school with a struggling program and see how he can turn it around.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.