Let do the converse, movies you like that other people tend to hate.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starring Damien Lewis, who played Dick Winters in Band of Brothers? If I remember that right, I enjoy it as well.

That's the one. I've taken a fairly significant amount of criticism for my defense of that movie... probably because I don't know how. It's goofy as heck.

Anything with Sean Penn, post Fast Times at Ridgemont High. I love his abilities and love the topics his movies cover. Can't find many who have seen some of the movies I especially love though, like Mystic River.

I really enjoyed Mystic River.

Have you seen Milk?

I really enjoyed Mystic River.

Have you seen Milk?

Yes. Loved his performance!

You'd be hard pressed to find a Penn movie I haven't seen. I think he has the broadest range and depth of emotional connection to character of any actor in my generation.

Yes. Loved his performance!

You'd be hard pressed to find a Penn movie I haven't seen. I think he has the broadest range and depth of emotional connection to character of any actor in my generation.

More than Daniel Day Lewis?

I do like Penn quite a bit though.

Movie I Like that other people likely don't know exists:

Fresh Horses.

I like it but it is no hidden gem. Shot in Cincinnati with a couple big stars at the time. Perhaps Ben Stiller's first movie now that I think about it.

Slasher themed movies seem to be taking a bit of a beating, so I'll throw in the Scream series, the first I Know What You Did Last Summer, and Halloween I, II and IV.

Sahara-I know it is usually the punchline to jokes about movie flops but I liked it. The well directed action scenes were good not to mention the beautiful photography.

It would have been OK, if I hadn't been a big fan of the books. I'm a big fan of Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt series. The casting of Pitt and Giordino in that movie was terrible.