2016: Mr. Basketball Race, Top Players

Carson's numbers might take a hit on a 7th or 11th region team simply because the personnel on his team may be different, not because of the level of competition. He has help, but there may be better shooters or better creators on another team. He has good players around him now, but their skill sets are complimentary to him, they've played together for years and years, and the gaudy stat lines are what Owen needs for them to win.

His numbers are actually better against the bigger schools/better teams on Owen County's schedule. Of course, a lot of the numbers are dictated by the game's pace and tempo as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order for Wright to be in the running he will have to guide Apollo to a stellar season and have some postseason success. I think Goodin is the heavy favorite and Braxton Beverly will be hot on his tail. I can see Beverly winning it before Wright and I see Carson Williams making a huge run at it also over Wright.

Unless I'm mistaken Apollo will have 3 players with D1 offers on the team next season. As an alum, I would be very disappointed if they don't improve greatly upon their record for this past year. Considering the talent (They beat Owensboro for the district title) last year overall was very disappointing.

• 10 months later...