2016: Mr. Basketball Race, Top Players

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way I see it, this award is always a popularity contest. Not many are more popular than Carson Williams.

Quentin Goodin is the front runner followed by Braxton, Eli and Carson. One of those four will win it. I agree it is a popularity contest but Q is the most popular 2016 player IMO.

Darius Williams was the best junior I saw this season, and I watched all the top guys except for Carson Williams.

Very underrated kid in these conversations, IMO. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he blew up this coming season. Western Kentucky being in on him so early tells me all I need to know. They are usually pretty solid with their recruiting of Kentucky kids because they have to be. I'll trust their judgement, as well as what I've seen and heard from/on Mr. Williams.

Ben Weyer would be on my list along with the other's mentioned. Kid had an awesome JR year and this AAU season will only make him better. Getting calls from several D1 programs and an offer from NKU (since coaching change, not sure where that stands)

He could go for 30 and 15 (or more) a night!

Dunbar's Darius Williams went for nearly 30... in a quarter.

#TopsInLex (Central Kentuckians will get the reference).

Kid is the real deal and lots of people who have forgotten more about the game than I'll ever know have probably backed that at one time or another. Talent.

Lawrence Co. Has four juniors that could play one on one with all you named, so don't think you saw them all. Plus a soph, just as good or better.

I know all of those kids. And the Tug has obviously left its banks.