Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Fans: Do You WANT To Face Duke In The Finals Or Not?

Do you (UK fans) WANT to face Duke in the finals? 25 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you (UK fans) WANT to face Duke in the finals?

    • Yes. Let's settle this rivalry once & for all.
      68%
    • No. I don't want to see them go any farther than they already have.
      32%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

UK has to beat wisconsin first. Don't jump ahead.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UK has to beat wisconsin first. Don't jump ahead.

 

You got that right!

It honestly doesn't matter to me..... "IF" the Cats get there beating Duke to finish the History making season would be nice but beating MSU accomplishes the same thing .... National Championship # 9.

I don't like using the word "hate" (I have before but trying anyway :D) and it's no secret that I Strongly Dislike Duke but I don't consider them a main "rival" just due to the fact that Duke is very seldom on the U.K. schedule. A rival, to me anyway, is someone that you play on a yearly basis.

So, back on thread subject, it doesn't matter. Banner # 9 is what it's all about.

If I were a UK fan, I would hope MSU knocks Duke off. I would rather play MSU than Duke. JMO.

 

I'd be happy with either, that means UK is 39-0 and playing for #9 . I like their chances against either team.

I don't care about them advancing again, but as a Kentucky fan, I think that they are a better matchup for UK than Michigan State would be. As a Cats fan, I want to see them go down because there's less chance we get beat. That's not to say that I don't think they can beat Duke, or that they wouldn't be favored, just that it looks like a better match-up for UK.

In a perfect world, I would prefer to beat Duke. However, I would hate losing to Duke more than I would enjoy beating Duke so I would prefer Duke lose to MSU.

 

Here are some twists on this:

 

UK fans ... if you knew you were going to lose to Duke, would you rather get beat in the semis by Wisconsin than lose in the title game to Duke?

 

Dukies ... same question reversed ...if you knew you were going to lose to UK, would you rather get beat in the semis by MSU than lose in the title game to the Cats?

 

No, the finalist has went further, and it's another win on your record. Take the W, take the finals. That's me, and I don't even blink in doing it.

Look, folks, there's a game before UK plays Wisconsin. Who are you rooting for?

 

Duke, so that we can play them? Or MSU, because you want Duke to lose asap?

 

Not concerning myself with that game. As Coach Cal would say....only concerned with my team. The rest will take care of itself. Now I don't want the Duke/Michigan St game to go into several overtimes. Seems like we don't fare well when we have to stand around and wait.

No, the finalist has went further, and it's another win on your record. Take the W, take the finals. That's me, and I don't even blink in doing it.

 

Absolutely agree. Tomorrow night's W against Wisconsin will set the NCAA record for most wins in a single season in men's basketball history. It's a game with historic significance regardless of the outcome of the title game.

I would obviously rather play MSU.

 

Exactly. Let's not over think this here.

 

I am starting to come around to the notion that Justice Winslow should be the top pick in the NBA draft, which would make Okafor #2 . Thanks, but no thanks. Dream Team.

Exactly. Let's not over think this here.

 

I am starting to come around to the notion that Justice Winslow should be the top pick in the NBA draft, which would make Okafor #2 . Thanks, but no thanks. Dream Team.

I moved Okafor down to #3 on my draft board. Not that anyone cares. :lol2: Winslow reminds me a lot of Harden. Tossup for him and Towns at #1 IMO.

Edited by HammerTime

Exactly. Let's not over think this here.

 

I am starting to come around to the notion that Justice Winslow should be the top pick in the NBA draft, which would make Okafor #2 . Thanks, but no thanks. Dream Team.

 

That would make him #3 ...I really like Winslow's game, but I'm not sure what position he plays at the next level. Is he a 2 or a 3?

 

I'd have him behind Towns, Okafor, Mudiay, and Russell.

I moved Okafor down to #3 on my draft board. Not that anyone cares. :lol: Winslow reminds me a lot of Harden. Tossup for him and Towns at #1 IMO.

I am seeing somewhere in between Harden and MKG. I have 0 desire to see him in the finals.

Exactly. Let's not over think this here.

 

I am starting to come around to the notion that Justice Winslow should be the top pick in the NBA draft, which would make Okafor #2 . Thanks, but no thanks. Dream Team.

 

 

But that's exactly what you're doing when you think there's any chance that MSU beats Duke. It's not going to happen. So therefore the only answer should be yes. Otherwise it will be a Duke/Wisconsin final as is expected by me.

That would make him #3 ...I really like Winslow's game, but I'm not sure what position he plays at the next level. Is he a 2 or a 3?

 

I'd have him behind Towns, Okafor, Mudiay, and Russell.

Point forwardish type role, like a Harden. He can shoot, drive the ball, and is fierce. They were talking about this on the Grantland Basketball Hour a couple days ago. We get enamored with the bigs down low, yet they never have the impact we think they will. With the game and how it is evolved, it is a legit consideration to take him near the top.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.