ACC

NKYknowitall

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at no point were they getting smoked... Although UVA was seeded higher, I don't think most would consider it a huge upset.

Like I said in the game thread, UVA hasn't been the same since Anderson injured his hand. He won't shoot right all the way into next season. Same injury totally derailed Preson Knowles' junior year.

UVA was legit, but their offense was severely diminished with Anderson's shot off the mark.

The ACC was already one of the top 2 conferences year in and year out, now throw Louisville into the mix along with the breaking up of the Big East, and I don't really think it's very debatable which is the best conference. I still say Miami should have been in the NCAA tourney.

ACC: 11-1 (5)

PAC-12: 7-1 (3)

Big10: 7-5 (2)

Big12: 5-5 (2)

SEC: 4-4 (1)

BEast: 5-5 (1)

ACC, Pac-12 best performing confernece in 2015 NCAA Tournament | CollegeBasketballTalk

Anyone care to break any of this down by seed? Favorites v. upsets v. coin toss? I'll give the ACC #s

ACC 11 wins, 1 loss

7 favorites (2 Duke, 2 ND [although you could argue if Butler should have been a coin toss game, 3 should be favored over 6], UNC over Harvard, , UofL over UCI, UVa over Belmont)

2 upset (NC State over Villanova & Sparty over UVa)

4 coin toss (NC State over LSU, UNC over Arkansas, UofL over UNI)

Anyone care to break any of this down by seed? Favorites v. upsets v. coin toss? I'll give the ACC #s

ACC 11 wins, 1 loss

7 favorites (2 Duke, 2 ND [although you could argue if Butler should have been a coin toss game, 3 should be favored over 6], UNC over Harvard, , UofL over UCI, UVa over Belmont)

2 upset (NC State over Villanova & Sparty over UVa)

4 coin toss (NC State over LSU, UNC over Arkansas, UofL over UNI)

I still can't figure out how LSU lost. What a train wreck down the stretch. They won about 37 of the 40 minutes of that game.

The NCAA is profoundly terrible at the job of seeding this tournament, so I prefer the Vegas lines. If I have some time at lunch, I'll find those numbers. I know that despite the seed lines, UNI was a 2.5 point favorite over Louisville last night.

People kept acting like the Big 12 was the best basketball conference this year, I didn't see it. ACC basketball is just simply better and in my opinion more fun to watch.

If you're talking about that moron Gottlieb, I love any time he has to eat his words and look even more like an idiot.