Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cordia's Gym Condemned?

Featured Replies

I missed this last week and apologies if there is already a thread. But I just came across this news story about Cordia's gym being condemned following water/landslide damage:

 

 

Anyone have any updates?

had not heard about that, wow. When it rains it pours...

had not heard about that, wow. When it rains it pours...

 

Folks, he'll be here all week.

Looks about like the "Old Barn" at St. Mary

I hate this news for that little community. Hopefully it can be repaired.

I had read somewhere that they were talking about building a new one. Any truth to that?

Looks about like the "Old Barn" at St. Mary

 

NOT EVEN CLOSE!!!

Just finished another over 35 season at the Barn.

I hope they rebuild bigger and better. That way, they'll let the crowds that wanna see the Lions play in. What if they could hold everyone who wants to get in to see regular season games???

 

When Ballard comes and visits a mountain team, it's an event. That's something people in small communities talk about for awhile, saying "remember when Louisville Ballard came to play us" amongst themselves for years. By the way, who is the favorite in the State Tournament this week??? If it's Ballard, then I must have missed it.

 

Cordia will be back, and I think it's going to be something when they are. Everyone on BGP was talking about when Rhodes and the kids would leave, but they haven't, and that tells me something.

 

Signed,

Cordia Fan From Day 1

I encourage all of you to read this :thumb:

 

Same link as the first time, yea... thought it was good.

 

Ky. Sports Assoc. v. Cordia: Win or Go Home | Daily Yonder | Keep It Rural

 

 

My favorite portion:

 

"Rhodes laughs at the idea that he’s cheating... If they’re so great, these teams wouldn’t let them go... He laughs. “If I was cheating, f*** it, I’m going to get a stud…But this isn’t about basketball. I promise you, it’s so much bigger than that.”

 

Honestly, I believe the above.

I hope they rebuild bigger and better. That way, they'll let the crowds that wanna see the Lions play in. What if they could hold everyone who wants to get in to see regular season games???

 

When Ballard comes and visits a mountain team, it's an event. That's something people in small communities talk about for awhile, saying "remember when Louisville Ballard came to play us" amongst themselves for years. By the way, who is the favorite in the State Tournament this week??? If it's Ballard, then I must have missed it.

 

Cordia will be back, and I think it's going to be something when they are. Everyone on BGP was talking about when Rhodes and the kids would leave, but they haven't, and that tells me something.

 

Signed,

Cordia Fan From Day 1

 

I agree with you about being a fan and what a story it could be. On the other hand to be candid, it could turn around on a dime if the allegations on Oumar's actual age are true. That drama to me is the biggest issue facing the Cordia story and I would feel betrayed if my support was undermined by the controversial debate that has re-surfaced again with someone in Texas claiming to know personally that he is of college age.

 

The closest analogy I can think of is a false accusation like the Duke Lacrosse case. If the allegation is true, then all the people that support the Cordia cause may very well turn their support around feeling betrayed. If the allegation is false, then it is a shame that the story ever surfaced to cause people to form an unfair opinion when nothing wrong ever happened.

 

I am torn, but I choose to continue to support Cordia. But one big mistake like this if true would really hurt the cause of the genuine nature of being in it to help those needing the help.

I agree with you about being a fan and what a story it could be. On the other hand to be candid, it could turn around on a dime if the allegations on Oumar's actual age are true. That drama to me is the biggest issue facing the Cordia story and I would feel betrayed if my support was undermined by the controversial debate that has re-surfaced again with someone in Texas claiming to know personally that he is of college age.

 

The closest analogy I can think of is a false accusation like the Duke Lacrosse case. If the allegation is true, then all the people that support the Cordia cause may very well turn their support around feeling betrayed. If the allegation is false, then it is a shame that the story ever surfaced to cause people to form an unfair opinion when nothing wrong ever happened.

 

I am torn, but I choose to continue to support Cordia. But one big mistake like this if true would really hurt the cause of the genuine nature of being in it to help those needing the help.

 

http://www.dailyyonder.com/ky-basketball-v-cordia-win-or-go-home/2015/03/12/7762

 

Keita played in John Lucas' event for 8th graders, same for a few AAU events too. If he's fooled the people at Cordia, then they aren't exactly the highest on the food chain to be fooled. However, at this point, all this is alleged and nothing is proven. If it's true, shame on the adults who knew and were complicit if that's what the facts show. If it's false then, I feel bad for the kid because he's had to go through a lot that has been nothing but completely unnecessary.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.