Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SEC Basketball is terrible

SEC Basketball is terriable 15 members have voted

  1. 1. SEC Basketball is terriable

    • YES
      33%
      5
    • NO
      66%
      10

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

If you took UK out of the SEC this year where would you rank them among conferences?

SEC basketball is not as bad as your spelling.

 

 

 

View Poll Results: SEC Basketball is terriable

SEC basketball is not as bad as your spelling.

 

 

 

View Poll Results: SEC Basketball is terriable

 

But it's really, really bad. I finally had to call out a buddy of mine. I had simply had enough of hearing the sandbagging as he tried to talk himself into believing whatever the latest SEC team on the schedule was pretty good and a real threat to stopping the streak. Just stop already, I told him.

 

I do find the SEC's sorriness interesting in light of Kentucky fans' thrashing of Wichita State's conference strength last year.

But it's really, really bad. I finally had to call out a buddy of mine. I had simply had enough of hearing the sandbagging as he tried to talk himself into believing whatever the latest SEC team on the schedule was pretty good and a real threat to stopping the streak. Just stop already, I told him.

 

I do find the SEC's sorriness interesting in light of Kentucky fans' thrashing of Wichita State's conference strength last year.

 

I can't really argue that, the SEC only has four teams that I view as good or at least tournament type teams. Kentucky, Arkansas, Georgia, and LSU.

Not great by any means.

 

I do think Pearl will turn AU into a tough out and a tourney contender.

I think Tennessee with the right coach can be a tourney regular as well.

Florida will be back.

Arkansas is solid.

SEC is #5 in college rpi. Big 12 is a clear #1 . Big East is #2 . Then 3-6 are very close in this order ... ACC, Big 10, SEC, PAC 12.

The problem with the SEC is that UK and Florida (at least not this year) are solid every year. The other teams have runs of being good but they are not consistent. Other conferences typically have more than 2 consistent solid teams.

Outside of a handful or two of teams....college basketball isn't very good. So, I'm not real sure what difference it makes. If none of those are playing, give me the NBA any day of the week.

Outside of a handful or two of teams....college basketball isn't very good. So, I'm not real sure what difference it makes. If none of those are playing, give me the NBA any day of the week.

 

Nailed it. College basketball is a watered-down product. I rarely watch it.

 

Did see the second half of the Albany game where the kid from Australia hit the three to win the game. All things considered, I'd MUCH rather watch those games than those of the "major conference" variety.

 

Give me high school or the NBA any day.

Outside of a handful or two of teams....college basketball isn't very good. So, I'm not real sure what difference it makes. If none of those are playing, give me the NBA any day of the week.

 

The NBA also has their share of low quality teams, too. They have more teams that's a bore to watch than teams that are worthy of viewing.

Not one of the top conferences right now but not as bad as what some are saying. The conference is on the way up imo. Next season it shoud be better than this one. One reason that believe that people automatically dismiss the SEC is the gap between U.K. and the rest of the teams and lets face it....there is a gap between U,K. and every conference in the country this season. Florida is down this season for the first time in a long time, that won't last. UGA has had to deal with an amazing amount of injuries so their record isn't as good as was expected to be. LSU has size and talent, are young with another banner recruiting class coming in 2016. I believe that within a couple of years we will see the SEC as one of the best in the country.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.