Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Many UK Players Would Start...

Featured Replies

This may not answer the question, but if you combined the two rosters I would start:

 

T. Jones

Booker

Okafor

WCS

Winslow

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're completely looking at the question wrong.

 

Look at it individually. Don't look at it like well if Towns was there, then WCS wouldn't start because they'd start Okafor and Towns over him. Take each player individually and give them a yes or no based on what Duke currently has starting.

 

I'd say WCS and KAT without question. I think the argument can be made for Lyles, Booker, or Harrison #2 .

 

Are we basing it off of Coach K making the decision? That is why I gave WCS a no because I do think he would start Okafor over him. Same reason why I gave Booker a yes to start even though he doesn't even start for UK.

So only 1 UK player could start?

 

Nope two Booker and Towns. Just because he doesn't start here at UK, doesn't mean he wouldn't start if he was playing somewhere else and with another coach.

Are we basing it off of Coach K making the decision? That is why I gave WCS a no because I do think he would start Okafor over him. Same reason why I gave Booker a yes to start even though he doesn't even start for UK.

 

Why couldn't WCS and Okafor start together? Are you saying Jefferson is better than Willie?

Kentucky Sucks...none of their players were good enough to even be recruited by Duke.

 

Seriously how many of the UK players were considered good enough for Coach K to even recruit coming out of high school?

I would love for KAT or WCS to replace Amile on this team. Don't get me wrong, I like Amile, but if there is a glaring weakness in the Duke line up he takes it.

Why couldn't WCS and Okafor start together? Are you saying Jefferson is better than Willie?

 

Beat me to it. I would dream of this happening :lol2:

Tyus Jones and Quinn Cook are arguably the best backcourt in the nation. I wouldn't spilt them up for anyone in UK's backcourt.

Tyus Jones and Quinn Cook are arguably the best backcourt in the nation. I wouldn't spilt them up for anyone in UK's backcourt.

 

That's my thinking. I might be a bit biased but the way the 2 of them have been playing lately I can't imagine splitting them up.

Why couldn't WCS and Okafor start together? Are you saying Jefferson is better than Willie?

 

I am saying Towns and Okafor would start together.

These UK players were offered by Duke according to ESPN...

 

Poythress wasn't offered

WCS wasn't

Twins weren't

Dakari wasn't

Lee wasn't

Trey wasn't

KAT wasn't

Booker wasn't

Ulis wasn't

 

So it's not shocking that none of them or maybe only one could start at Duke.

Tyus Jones and Quinn Cook are arguably the best backcourt in the nation. I wouldn't spilt them up for anyone in UK's backcourt.

 

 

On the offensive end yes.

It is also challenging to look at this at this junction of the season. You have to look at it from the start of the season before these guys morphed in to who they became.

I am saying Towns and Okafor would start together.

 

That's not the right way to look at the question.

 

Go through UK's roster player by player. Ask yourself would "so and so" start on Duke's current team. Do that for every player. Don't take into account the UK players you're thinking would start.

 

Would you start Jefferson at the 4 over any of the trio of Lyles, WCS, or Towns? If not, then you've got 3 already.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.