Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Many UK Players Would Start...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...at Duke?

 

 

2 KAT and WCS

...at Duke?

 

They all could start for Duke. However are you saying if these UK players with the current Duke players who would start with the style Coach K plays? I would say 2 definitely would start and that would be Towns and even though he doesn't start here at UK I think Booker would start. I think Tyus Jones, Booker, Okafor and Towns would be 4 of the starters and the 5th starter is where I would be stuck at.

2 KAT and WCS

 

I don't think Coach K would start WCS, I think he would start Okafor over him because he has a better offensive game.

Without question, 2 would. I think you could make a legit argument for anywhere from 2-3 others.

I don't think Coach K would start WCS, I think he would start Okafor over him because he has a better offensive game.

 

 

So only 1 UK player could start?

I don't think Coach K would start WCS, I think he would start Okafor over him because he has a better offensive game.

 

 

Why couldn't u start them both? Okafor is so bad on D that WCS could make up for that.

They all could start for Duke. However are you saying if these UK players with the current Duke players who would start with the style Coach K plays? I would say 2 definitely would start and that would be Towns and even though he doesn't start here at UK I think Booker would start. I think Tyus Jones, Booker, Okafor and Towns would be 4 of the starters and the 5th starter is where I would be stuck at.

 

You're completely looking at the question wrong.

 

Look at it individually. Don't look at it like well if Towns was there, then WCS wouldn't start because they'd start Okafor and Towns over him. Take each player individually and give them a yes or no based on what Duke currently has starting.

 

I'd say WCS and KAT without question. I think the argument can be made for Lyles, Booker, or Harrison #2 .

Straight comparison:

 

PG - Andrew Harrison vs. Tyus Jones

SG - Aaron Harrison vs. Quinn Cook

SF - Trey Lyles vs. Justise Winslow

PF - Karl Anthony Towns vs. Amile Jefferson

C - Willie Cauley-Stein vs. Jahlil Okafor

 

(Positions are traditional, although you wouldn't have to pick one from each position. No non-starters are used)

 

 

I'd go with...

 

-Tyus Jones (tough call, but Jones percentages are all slightly better and I like his pace better)

-Aaron Harrison (another tough call)

-Trey Lyles (his size creates matchup problems for everyone and his ability to score inside and outside is better)

-Karl Anthony Towns (the easiest choice of all five)

-Jahlil Okafor (his ability down low would allow both Lyles and Towns to play inside and outside; his lack of defense is a knock, though)

I have to think Okefor, Winslow and Jones would continue to start. I'm not sure what 2 UK players but I lean towards WCS and Booker.

Honestly, Okafor is locked started. Tyus Jones I would personally chose. Justise Winslow could be a toss up, he's a personal favorite of mine. Quinn Cook you could make a case for, but he's been playing out of his mind here lately. Amile Jefferson, yeah 0 doubt about it. The depth of UK is what makes them so strong. I would love for a little more depth at Duke, especially in the front court.

I'm amending mine....3 without question.

 

Towns, Willie, and Lyles would all start at the 4 for Duke.

Straight comparison:

 

PG - Andrew Harrison vs. Tyus Jones

SG - Aaron Harrison vs. Quinn Cook

SF - Trey Lyles vs. Justise Winslow

PF - Karl Anthony Towns vs. Amile Jefferson

C - Willie Cauley-Stein vs. Jahlil Okafor

 

(Positions are traditional, although you wouldn't have to pick one from each position. No non-starters are used)

 

 

I'd go with...

 

-Tyus Jones (tough call, but Jones percentages are all slightly better and I like his pace better)

-Aaron Harrison (another tough call)

-Trey Lyles (his size creates matchup problems for everyone and his ability to score inside and outside is better)

-Karl Anthony Towns (the easiest choice of all five)

-Jahlil Okafor (his ability down low would allow both Lyles and Towns to play inside and outside; his lack of defense is a knock, though)

 

These 2 are the toss ups IMO. Like I said in previous post, the way Cook has been playing over the past 10 games he's killing it, though Harrison's size would be an advantage there. I won't lie and say I've seen Lyles that much but Winslow would be a tough one to sit there. He has same match up problems you speak of with Lyles.

These 2 are the toss ups IMO. Like I said in previous post, the way Cook has been playing over the past 10 games he's killing it, though Harrison's size would be an advantage there. I won't lie and say I've seen Lyles that much but Winslow would be a tough one to sit there. He has same match up problems you speak of with Lyles.

 

Best part about this question is you can't go wrong. I took Harrison over Cook because of his size, considering I took Jones over Andrew. And like you, I took Lyles over Winslow because I've seen him more.

T. Jones

Q. Cook

J. Winslow

K. Towns

J. Okafor

 

 

That would be the starting lineup.

 

Lyles over Winslow is something I could see happening. I can't see anything else though.

 

These are how I think Coach K would set the lineup. Since it is at Duke it would be his call. I see it going like that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.