Cowboys to Franchise Dez and Murray to Explore Free Agency

The Dallas Cowboys are set to put the Franchise Tag on Dez Bryant which should all but clear any possibility of a damaging video existing. NFL Leading Rusher RB DeMarco Murray will be allowed to test the Free Agency waters. In my opinion anybody can run behind the Dallas "O" Line including Joseph Randle if he stays out of trouble or AP if he signs with the Boys. However, Dez Bryant is the best WR in the NFL and the Boys need him. I know there are a lot of haters out there, but what do you all think? Cowboys fan since Dandy Don was QB.

The Dallas Cowboys are set to put the Franchise Tag on Dez Bryant which should all but clear any possibility of a damaging video existing. NFL Leading Rusher RB DeMarco Murray will be allowed to test the Free Agency waters. In my opinion anybody can run behind the Dallas "O" Line including Joseph Randle if he stays out of trouble or AP if he signs with the Boys. However, Dez Bryant is the best WR in the NFL and the Boys need him. I know there are a lot of haters out there, but what do you all think? Cowboys fan since Dandy Don was QB.

Pretty easy decision. It is much easier to replace Murray than Bryant. I am not saying that Randle is better than or as good as Murray but he did average about 1 yard more per carry than Murray last year. Dez is just a rare combination of speed, size, strength and is just a great football player. I love his passion on the field...don't want to follow him around after the game is over though. But I could say that about a lot of players in the NFL right now.

Pretty easy decision. It is much easier to replace Murray than Bryant. I am not saying that Randle is better than or as good as Murray but he did average about 1 yard more per carry than Murray last year. Dez is just a rare combination of speed, size, strength and is just a great football player. I love his passion on the field...don't want to follow him around after the game is over though. But I could say that about a lot of players in the NFL right now.

I don't understand how Dalls could not try to at least work something out with Murray.He is the reason the Cowboys made the run they did. All this sets up is putting the ball back in Romo's hands more, which hich is a big mistake. You can say anyone can run behind Dallas O-line but you have to look at the other tangibles. Yard after contact, blocking, and receiving out of the backfield. He's a complete back in my opinion. He was one of few that didn't have to be taken out of the game in certain situations.

I don't understand how Dalls could not try to at least work something out with Murray.He is the reason the Cowboys made the run they did. All this sets up is putting the ball back in Romo's hands more, which hich is a big mistake. You can say anyone can run behind Dallas O-line but you have to look at the other tangibles. Yard after contact, blocking, and receiving out of the backfield. He's a complete back in my opinion. He was one of few that didn't have to be taken out of the game in certain situations.

I think Dallas will try to work out something with Murray. The reports I have heard say Murray wants to stay in Dallas too. I would bet that either Murray or AP is handling the rock in big D next year.

I think Dallas will get something worked out with Murray. He wants to say and there's a pretty big tax benefit for Murray to stay in Dallas. I bet Murray turns down bigger offers to stay in Dallas because of the tax benefit, and I have a feeling Dallas makes the contract heavy on guaranteed money.

They did try to "work something out". He has been having a 4 year deal on the table worth about 4-5 mil a year.

I thought you were a big "Murray guy"...

Yeah, I like him and think he had a great season but I don't think he is a stand alone talent at RB. Not like Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Matt Forte, Le'Veon Bell and even to an extent Lesean McCoy and Eddie Lacy. Those are all guys I would take before Demarco Murray. You can go get another Murray behind that O-Line. You're not going to find another Dez Bryant.

How old is Murray? It is hard to put a big contract into older runningbacks depending how old they are. Runningbacks are a tough position because a running back can be great and then all of a sudden they hit that wall and all of a sudden don't do well anymore.

Yeah, I like him and think he had a great season but I don't think he is a stand alone talent at RB. Not like Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch, Matt Forte, Le'Veon Bell and even to an extent Lesean McCoy and Eddie Lacy. Those are all guys I would take before Demarco Murray. You can go get another Murray behind that O-Line. You're not going to find another Dez Bryant.

Watch it PP92...you are starting to sound like me:)

How old is Murray? It is hard to put a big contract into older runningbacks depending how old they are. Runningbacks are a tough position because a running back can be great and then all of a sudden they hit that wall and all of a sudden don't do well anymore.

i.e. Chris Johnson, Maurice Jones-Drew, Steven Jackson

Just turned 27.

Precisely, the OL made Murray, he isn't that good, as in the other before mentioned.

I hope AP comes along.

What worries me is a team who gives up 2 low 1st round picks to get Bryant. I think the day of overpaying 1 guy other than QB is over.

They should raise the salary cap more.