February 22, 201511 yr Knicks, Sixers, Lakers, Wolves, and Magic will compete for the top lottery spots. I'd thrown Boston in the tank mix too now that Sullinger is out for the season.
February 23, 201511 yr Should give just do a blind non-weighted draw for non-playoff teams. Kills the integrity of the NBA. Say two teams in the West are battling for the last spot and they are tied with 6 games to go and one of them has the Knicks and Sixers left and the other one played them twice back when they were still trying to win.
February 23, 201511 yr The biggest tanking team is the Sixers, who literally gave up at the deadline They gave up at last year's deadline.
February 23, 201511 yr NBA writer Chris Sheridan says they will be erecting a statue of 76ers GM Sam Hinkie next to Rocky Balboa after they win multiple titles during his tenure..
February 23, 201511 yr Should give just do a blind non-weighted draw for non-playoff teams. Kills the integrity of the NBA. Say two teams in the West are battling for the last spot and they are tied with 6 games to go and one of them has the Knicks and Sixers left and the other one played them twice back when they were still trying to win. Tanking goes on in every sport. See: Andrew Luck. It's actually harder to tank and get results in the NBA because of the lottery than in any other sport.
February 23, 201511 yr Tanking goes on in every sport. See: Andrew Luck. It's actually harder to tank and get results in the NBA because of the lottery than in any other sport. True...well except baseball. I just wish there was some way to not award teams for intentionally stinking in the NFL or NBA. Lottery does help in the NBA I love it when it doesn't go the way it should and a decent team ends up at the top.
February 23, 201511 yr The Knicks looked like the worst team in the NBA last night. That was pathetic.
February 23, 201511 yr True...well except baseball. I just wish there was some way to not award teams for intentionally stinking in the NFL or NBA. Lottery does help in the NBA I love it when it doesn't go the way it should and a decent team ends up at the top. I can think of a way, but it will never happen. Restructure player contracts so that there isn't as much guaranteed money, and load them up with performance incentives. Even so, there has to be a way that ownership doesn't monkey around and sit players/significantly reduce playing time.
February 23, 201511 yr The Knicks looked like the worst team in the NBA last night. That was pathetic. It possible they only win 1 or 2 more games. That's a pathetic roster.
February 23, 201511 yr Lakers and Wolves went out and each won their most recent game....Morons. I get so mad each time they win. They lose the pick if it's outside of the top 5.
February 23, 201511 yr I have no clue what the 76ers are doing. I think they have 7 draft picks in next year's draft, and depending upon how things shake out, could have 4 top 20 picks. At some point you can't trade away everyone just to stockpile picks. My guess is they are going to stockpile and offer whatever to get the #1 slot and land Okafor. While a nice prospect, I don't see Okafor as some kind of transcendent talent.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.