NKY Running Backs 2015

uk#1fan

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And THAT was my point!! Why wouldn't Durham continue to get the carries???

I think it comes down to who plays qb. IMO if it is Runion he will have a bunch of rushing attempts (he is a very good athlete ), and that will cut into Durhams carries. Throw Lunsford into the backfield mix and Chreech as well as the jet sweeps (against undisciplined defenses) to Townsend then it seems likely that Durham will see a decrease in carries. However, if Gaines or someone else plays Qb then the other guys will get touches, but Durham's number of carries will probably stay roughly the same. I have watched him play since middle school and I think Durham is underrated, which is understandable when you look at all of the good to great rbs in nky and the fact that Lloyd is not a traditional football power.

Edited by MentschTrachtGottLacht
Quote Box

I had heard that the Juggs are considering the triple option with Runion at Qb, Durham and Lunsford at rb. The wrs probably will feature L. Townsend and C. Gaines with Bruener or Willett at te. Like I said the whole option offense maybe rumor and they stick with the power i, or run the zone read with Gaines at qb. Who knows. I have not seen this much talent actually stay at Lloyd since the early 1990s. Sorry if anyone is offended by me posting about the 2015 juggs on a rb thread, but I noticed uk fan mentioning Lloyd and I have not come accross any threads about the team.
I always enjoyed watching Lunsford while he was at Scott. I know he would of been utilized a great deal this season . I hope and wish nothing but the best for him . Good luck young man .

I like watching and supporting all of these very talented young men via HUDL. But I tell you what, you guys are killing me with the 15 & 20 minute highlight films! I imagine that's a good problem to have though.

Agree 100%!!! Some folks just simply don't understand that a h/l tape should only be 4-5 mins MAX and you BETTER have your absolute BEST plays at the beginning of that tape. There is not a college coach that is going to watch a lengthy tape that is above the 5 min limit. H/L's are simply the appetizer for the college coach to ask for a FULL game film.

This Newport Central Catholic team very physical and great down field blocking ! As for Jacob Smith !! He is the

Real deal . How many lineman does he have returning with him from the last season ? He adjusts and cuts back really well . With his speed and his all around strength, he can and will continue to give defensive coordinators a headache. Good luck this year !! Can't wait to see him play in person opening game at Scott.

Looking for this young man to have a huge season! Has been working extremely hard this off season. As for the line they are losing Hoover and Neff, not sure who will replace them. Smith is about as good as they get, can make something from nothing at any given time. So looking forward to watching him have an explosive senior year.

• 5 weeks later...

The opening run of this highlight tape is one of my favorite runs that I've seen in a long time. He was running at an angle and in a split second dropped his shoulder and hips and just destroys the tackler. Imagine that collision if he had actually had a head of steam. Strong kid.

With a solid senior campaign Jacob Smith will go down as one of the most productive running backs in Newport Central Catholic history. That is a pretty an impressive feat considering the long list of outstanding runners that have come through the school. With one more year left here is a look at the damage that Smith has already done at the varsity level, By The Numbers.

2 – Kickoff returns for touchdowns in his career

3 – Receiving touchdowns as a junior

5 – Rushing touchdowns as a freshman

5 – Most rushing touchdowns in a game (twice)

5 – Receiving touchdowns in his career

7 – Games with 126 or more yards rushing as a junior

7 – Games with 145 or more yards rushing in his career

10 – Games with 100 or more yards rushing in his career

12 – Games with two rushing touchdowns in his career

13 – Rushing touchdowns as a sophomore

15 – Games with at least two receptions in his career

21 - Receptions as a sophomore

25 – Rushing touchdowns as a junior

25 - Receptions as a junior

43 – Rushing touchdowns in his career

51 – Receptions in his career

51 - Total touchdowns in his career

145– Most yards receiving in a game (vs. Trimble County 11/7/14)

236 – Most yards rushing in a game (vs. Holy Cross 10/23/14)

267 - Yards rushing as a freshman

350 – Receiving yards as a sophomore

375 – Receiving yards as a junior

819 – Receiving yards in his career

1,020 - Yards rushing as a sophomore

1,490 - Yards rushing as a junior

2,777 - Yards rushing in his career

Edited by sportsfan2012
Spelling

• 3 weeks later...

Jacob Smith is having a great time tonight. He was invited to the EKU spring game. Ohio Bobocats have contacted him on a daily basis. Great kid who should have a great college career after highschool. The numbers he has already put up for his highscool career are amazing.

This young man will have a huge senior year. If he stays healthy, he will be the best running back in NKY! Good luck to a great kid, on and off the field!!

Powell has bulked alot for this season. He looked great in the spring game.

This young man will have a huge senior year. If he stays healthy, he will be the best running back in NKY! Good luck to a great kid, on and off the field!!

I believe there are somewhere in the range of 4-6 other RB's that could lay claim to that. Claiming it before the season even starts is a bit presumptuous don't you think? I'm sure they all have been working hard and are preparing for a great season.