NKY Running Backs 2015

uk#1fan

I believe there are somewhere in the range of 4-6 other RB's that could lay claim to that. Claiming it before the season even starts is a bit presumptuous don't you think? I'm sure they all have been working hard and are preparing for a great season.

Powell and Jacob Smith are the 2 best.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See this is all strictly perception and opinion, I think Armstrong is the quickest and gets to the hole faster than anyone. England runs harder and has more yards after contact than anyone and still has the speed to break them long. Barrett is probably the fastest of them all. But I see them more so my opinion is slanted . You can rout for your guys all you want but save the best stuff for the sports writers. ( who by the way picked England and Smith)

See this is all strictly perception and opinion, I think Armstrong is the quickest and gets to the hole faster than anyone. England runs harder and has more yards after contact than anyone and still has the speed to break them long. Barrett is probably the fastest of them all. But I see them more so my opinion is slanted . You can rout for your guys all you want but save the best stuff for the sports writers. ( who by the way picked England and Smith)

I have seen England play twice he did really good last year. But he wasn't even a factor in the game 2 years ago I watched. Very phyiscal and a load to take down. Armstrong played 4 snaps and didn't have any yards against SK. Dillon Powell and Jacob Smith are built the same and run almost the same plus they both can catch the ball. They have speed and power. Dillon would have more yards but the JV is usually in at halftime some games.

While stats are important they can be an indicator of how well your teams is doing not just one person. You can be an average back on a great team and get lots of yards. You can be a great back and get average yards on a poorer performing team. I like to watch a kid run, his style, his own intangables. Does he create his own space or just run through big open holes. Can he beat a guy in the hole when he shouldn't. Does he get the extra yards. There is a lot more than stats. The scouts don't rely on that when recruiting as much as you think. So again the sports writers said England and Smith. So you're half right! They are all productive to how their team uses them. Some get more touches some less. Some had better passing games and didn't have 8-9 in the box and were run blitzed 80% of the time. Each back has his own positives and negatives. You did good when you said we had the best group in the state.

While stats are important they can be an indicator of how well your teams is doing not just one person. You can be an average back on a great team and get lots of yards. You can be a great back and get average yards on a poorer performing team. I like to watch a kid run, his style, his own intangables. Does he create his own space or just run through big open holes. Can he beat a guy in the hole when he shouldn't. Does he get the extra yards. There is a lot more than stats. The scouts don't rely on that when recruiting as much as you think. So again the sports writers said England and Smith. So you're half right! They are all productive to how their team uses them. Some get more touches some less. Some had better passing games and didn't have 8-9 in the box and were run blitzed 80% of the time. Each back has his own positives and negatives. You did good when you said we had the best group in the state.

The 2 best this year will be Powell and Smith.

I don't see England getting as much carries this year.

Yeah, he probably isn't even good enough to start. A kid who won offensive MVP by his teammates, who flattens SK and most other defenders, who is 215 runs a 4.62, benches a house. Your probably right. Maybe he can join Powell as a cheerleader with you as the coach.

Yeah, he probably isn't even good enough to start. A kid who won offensive MVP by his teammates, who flattens SK and most other defenders, who is 215 runs a 4.62, benches a house. Your probably right. Maybe he can join Powell as a cheerleader with you as the coach.

Wow nice shot at Powell. England wont get as many carries with Morgan at qb and the other runningback back that didn't play last year plus they have Bateman.

All that and 0-3 against SK?

No shot, you fired first without explaining yourself. I like powell, he and England are friendly competitors. I'd think he still gets the lions share and the rest fit in where they get in. His role will not be diminished.

Hopefully they figure something out because Powell will be 3-0 against that team from Union or should I say teams. Wait SK hasn't lost to a Boone County school in a long time. Good luck to all the backs and hope they all stay healthy.