NKY Running Backs 2015

uk#1fan

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Derrick Barnes may be the go-to RB for Holy Cross in 2015.

Why is this? Is something up with X. Abernathy? Ive seen this young man play 4 times the past few years, and Iam not affiliated in any way with H.C. and IMO Xavier is a beast at rb. Never seen Barnes play, so if he is the "go to" rb for H.C. in 2015 he must be a special player.

Justin durham was the workhorse in lloyd's backfield in 2014.

DaShon Lunsford Scott Transfer had 36 carries 252 yards 3 tds

Durham had 1019 yards 18 tds

Creech 28 carries 198 yards 5 tds

Townsend had 21 carries 375 yards 5 tds and 26 catches 368 yards 7 tds. He mostly lined up in the slot. Most of his runs where jet sweeps.

Why is this? Is something up with X. Abernathy? Ive seen this young man play 4 times the past few years, and Iam not affiliated in any way with H.C. and IMO Xavier is a beast at rb. Never seen Barnes play, so if he is the "go to" rb for H.C. in 2015 he must be a special player.

See posts #20, #21 and #26 of this thread. We did discuss that topic further and I explained my comment (just click on the post numbers above).

I think NKY has the best group of running backs in the state this year.

Dillon Powell Simon Kenton 5"10 190

Xavier Abernathy Holy Cross5"11 230

Ethan Stringer Beechwood 6"2 190

Colin England Ryle 6"1 218

Torey Cordell-Armstrong Cooper 5"7 155

Justin Durham Lloyd 5"11 185

DaShon Lunsford Lloyd 5"10 190

Roberto London Scott 5"11 190

Deondre Pleasant Scott 5"10 210

Jacob Smith NewCath 5"11 180

Andrew Arnold Holmes 6"0 190

Cameron Barrett Dixie 6"0 190

Nick Kendall Highlands 5"11 180

I like watching and supporting all of these very talented young men via HUDL. But I tell you what, you guys are killing me with the 15 & 20 minute highlight films! I imagine that's a good problem to have though.

This Newport Central Catholic team very physical and great down field blocking ! As for Jacob Smith !! He is the

Real deal . How many lineman does he have returning with him from the last season ? He adjusts and cuts back really well . With his speed and his all around strength, he can and will continue to give defensive coordinators a headache. Good luck this year !! Can't wait to see him play in person opening game at Scott.

Yeah keeping 2 backs active in the backfield does help , in many cases. It has been productive for Scott with London and Pleasant. Then add a fullback , at times .

Dillon Powell will be backed up by Dylan Hampton he is a pretty good running back.

DaShon Lunsford Scott Transfer had 36 carries 252 yards 3 tds

Durham had 1019 yards 18 tds

Creech 28 carries 198 yards 5 tds

Townsend had 21 carries 375 yards 5 tds and 26 catches 368 yards 7 tds. He mostly lined up in the slot. Most of his runs where jet sweeps.

I had heard that the Juggs are considering the triple option with Runion at Qb, Durham and Lunsford at rb. The wrs probably will feature L. Townsend and C. Gaines with Bruener or Willett at te. Like I said the whole option offense maybe rumor and they stick with the power i, or run the zone read with Gaines at qb. Who knows. I have not seen this much talent actually stay at Lloyd since the early 1990s. Sorry if anyone is offended by me posting about the 2015 juggs on a rb thread, but I noticed uk fan mentioning Lloyd and I have not come accross any threads about the team.

See posts #20, #21 and #26 of this thread. We did discuss that topic further and I explained my comment (just click on the post numbers above).
Thanks nkypete. I went back and read the mentioned posts. I failed to initially catch the qualifier "may" in the initial post on the subject of HC rbs. Sounds like the Holy Cross football team will have a tough two headed monster at rb this upcoming season.