NKY Running Backs 2015

uk#1fan

I thought the debate was best RBs in NKY.

With all the talk of D1 schools. jR day invites. Why not put that into play? I would rather be the 3rd best BGPs RB and get a free education and play on TV. Than be the NKY #1 RB. Lol

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While stats are important they can be an indicator of how well your teams is doing not just one person. You can be an average back on a great team and get lots of yards. You can be a great back and get average yards on a poorer performing team. I like to watch a kid run, his style, his own intangables. Does he create his own space or just run through big open holes. Can he beat a guy in the hole when he shouldn't. Does he get the extra yards. There is a lot more than stats. The scouts don't rely on that when recruiting as much as you think. So again the sports writers said England and Smith. So you're half right! They are all productive to how their team uses them. Some get more touches some less. Some had better passing games and didn't have 8-9 in the box and were run blitzed 80% of the time. Each back has his own positives and negatives. You did good when you said we had the best group in the state.

Some only use stats when it is in their favor of the argument but choose to ignore the very same stats when it doesn't help their argument. I am with you, you can't say who is the best this year until the season is played. some like to use stats but then leave out the same stats when they show someone else with better stats, such as last year, there are some using Powell's rushing yard stats to prove why he is the best, yet they forget that Armstrong had even more rushing yards so what do they do? They leave Armstrong out of the conversation all together because it works against their guy.

I've seen tape on most of the backs, seen some good runs and lot's of yards. Only a few of them made me go .. wow! Only a few had the size and speed and power combination that I like. I like seeing broken tackles and yards from nothing. I like seeing backs beat LB's in the hole. I can put a freshman in to run through holes as big as a car untouched. That doesn't impress me. Those holes get tighter as you get up in college.

I guess each one in entitled to their own opinions and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm sure there is someone from each school who will argue that their rb is the best back in NKY! Good for them, well wishes to all the backs who will be representing their schools this year.... Here is hoping they all have tremendous seasons and stay healthy!!

Jacob Smith has 2,777 rishing yards and 51 catches 819 receiving yards and over 50 tds for his career.

That tells me nothing.

What tells me something is that colleges are interested in him.

Dillon Powell has 2239 yards 25 tds and 27 catches 325 yards 4 tds for his career. UC was at spring practice to watch him. Some other colleges are looking at him also.

Do they know about his 5.08 40 he ran at the combine? Not bad for a lineman, oh sorry, I meant running back.

Do they know about his 5.08 40 he ran at the combine? Not bad for a lineman, oh sorry, I meant running back.

Doesn't matter according to colllege scouts. But was also time top 20 in the cone drill out of 800 other kids. Why didn't England go?