Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands Fans: Are you concerned CovCath will start beating the Bluebirds now?

Featured Replies

Interesting possible thread. "How will CCH's hiring of EE affect NCC's ability to keep their own"?

 

I'd hope that it wouldn't, but it could.

  • Replies 79
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've read about Coach Eviston's offense and knowledge of the game being a factor, but the big thing I see him bringing to CovCath is "excitement". And, that is dangerous to other teams.

 

Seems like most new coaches bring excitement. My guess is I could go back to any number of past threads and find quite a bit of excitement on a new hire.

The dive gives Highlands fits? and you base that on what? Certainly not the state game of this year. If I recall, Highlands shut that team out in the second half and has been able to contain Johnson Central on more than one occassion.

 

I don't know if I would call it giving them fits but the dive seems to have been effective against HHS as far as I can remember. It will be interesting to see how the CCH offense evolves under him as it appears he is quite the offensive coach. We could be looking at some real shootouts coming down the pike.

Eddie, will do a great job handling the PHM. He will just listen and move on. NCC has its own detractors and it did not phase him one bit.

Pressure from Cov Cath Job will not be an issue. He did win a few national championships at QB, after being recruited to be DB.

He has a lot of the Old River Boat Gambler (Lynn Ray) in him.

If you want to see what he can do. Go back and watch his last high school game he coached. New Cath beat Caldwell County in the state title game.

As injuries piled up during the game he never flinched. Neither team punted. Even inside their own 20. In the end. It was just great play calling.

I don't know if I would call it giving them fits but the dive seems to have been effective against HHS as far as I can remember. It will be interesting to see how the CCH offense evolves under him as it appears he is quite the offensive coach. We could be looking at some real shootouts coming down the pike.

 

I don't really think it is any secret that the teams that have been able to win against HHS or at least be competetive typically run down hill at them. Partly because the defense that they run and partly because they typically play smaller and faster than normal players on the D-line. The problem for most teams is that you have to be disciplined enough to sustain long drives without, penalities, negative plays or turnovers. Most highschool teams can't do that.

This is a good hire for CCH but let's not forget that Eviston inherited alot of talent in his short tenure at NCC, so let's not annoint him as the second coming of a Lynn Ray or Dale Mueller just yet ! It will be interesting in the coming years to see an Eviston/Weinrich- lead rivalry unfold however and......don't kid yourself, CCH/HHS is still a rivalry and will remain so as long as they are in the same class.

 

Bottom line, these ain't your daddy's teams anymore and I believe there will be more balance between these programs over the next ten years (I hope there is); just not sure you will be able to attribute it to who is coaching.

I don't really think it is any secret that the teams that have been able to win against HHS or at least be competetive typically run down hill at them. Partly because the defense that they run and partly because they typically play smaller and faster than normal players on the D-line. The problem for most teams is that you have to be disciplined enough to sustain long drives without, penalities, negative plays or turnovers. Most highschool teams can't do that.

 

Exactly what I was trying to say.

This is a good hire for CCH but let's not forget that Eviston inherited alot of talent in his short tenure at NCC, so let's not annoint him as the second coming of a Lynn Ray or Dale Mueller just yet ! It will be interesting in the coming years to see an Eviston/Weinrich- lead rivalry unfold however and......don't kid yourself, CCH/HHS is still a rivalry and will remain so as long as they are in the same class.

 

Bottom line, these ain't your daddy's teams anymore and I believe there will be more balance between these programs over the next ten years (I hope there is); just not sure you will be able to attribute it to who is coaching.

 

I feel like a lot of coaches could have won with NewCath's 2010 team. It was just a unique class for a 2A school. However, his play calling was the difference in beating CovCath that year. I thought that Eddie's best job was in 2012 when he maximized every bit of talent that he had that season.

Exactly what I was trying to say.

 

Big Oline along with a power back running down hill and throw the seam to the tight end. This formula is what gives the Birds problems..

Seems like most new coaches bring excitement. My guess is I could go back to any number of past threads and find quite a bit of excitement on a new hire.

 

This one seems different than recent CovCath hires. When Wirth was brought in, the GCL guys I know were nonplussed. Wirth had won the games at Badin he was supposed to win, but never won what would be considered an upset. The thinking was he needed a few more years at Badin to establish himself.

 

Time will tell on the Eviston hire, but the CovCath community is intrigued and ready to rally behind him. The resources are there to be very successful. Looking forward to seeing it play out.

This one seems different than recent CovCath hires. When Wirth was brought in, the GCL guys I know were nonplussed. Wirth had won the games at Badin he was supposed to win, but never won what would be considered an upset. The thinking was he needed a few more years at Badin to establish himself.

 

Time will tell on the Eviston hire, but the CovCath community is intrigued and ready to rally behind him. The resources are there to be very successful. Looking forward to seeing it play out.

 

I was speaking about new hires in general creating excitement. As to CCH in particular there seemed to be a fair amount of excitement when Wirth was hired, as well there should have been. Not sure about GCL guys but CCH guys were excited at the time.

I was speaking about new hires in general creating excitement. As to CCH in particular there seemed to be a fair amount of excitement when Wirth was hired, as well there should have been. Not sure about GCL guys but CCH guys were excited at the time.

 

I don't recall the excitement of which you speak.

I don't recall the excitement of which you speak.

 

Someone had a link to the thread recently. The excitement was evident.

Someone had a link to the thread recently. The excitement was evident.

 

Sure on this particular web site I guess. The consensus, throughout the community, was that the previous hire was definitely an improvement...but I think it pales in comparison to the current optimism.

Sure on this particular web site I guess. The consensus, throughout the community, was that the previous hire was definitely an improvement...but I think it pales in comparison to the current optimism.

 

I can only go by what is on this site. Perhaps this site isn't a good representation of the CCH community as a whole. Of course, memories also fade and people forget. That's why every Christmas is the best ever.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.