Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If the Patriots cheated, they’re hardly alone

Featured Replies

  • Author
Sounds like someone is just a little bit sensitive to all the jabs being thrown at the Patriots. :laugh:

 

Methinks thou dost protest too much. Guilt creeping in? :lol2:

 

Others did it too is a really, really weak argument.

 

I don't see it that way, I see someone accurately pointing out the hypocrisy.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see it that way, I see someone accurately pointing out the hypocrisy.
I see a weak argument.
  • Author
I see a weak argument.

 

I see a corrupt NFL.

It's just like most other competitions...if you aren't cheating, you aren't trying. There are millions of dollars are on the line every season. Of course they are going to do everything they can to gain a competitive advantage.

I see a corrupt NFL.

 

I've always seen that... but the corruption I mostly see has little to do with playing on the field and usually has to do with the guy sitting in the owners' box.

I don't see it that way, I see someone accurately pointing out the hypocrisy.

 

Exactly! I've already said, if they find the Patriots intentionally broke the rules, punish them. I'm good with that. I'm also of the mind that it was worth it, seeing as they have #4 now.

 

The point I'm trying to make is when other teams break the rules, and even (gasp) win the Super Bowl, because of it, it's swept under the rug by fans and the media as "oh well, no big deal". When the Patriots do something, it's a national headline making story. It reeks of jealousy and hypocrisy.

 

I just want people to admit it. They make it a big deal because it's NE and they don't like them because they're jealous of their success.

What was the Broncos and Salary cap deal...I'm guessing they went over it in some way. How did that happen if the NFL has to approve all contracts? Was this another case of the NFL dropping the ball?

I see a weak argument.

 

You see what you want to see because you hate the Patriots so much...

I see a corrupt NFL.

 

I would definitely agree with that statement.

What was the Broncos and Salary cap deal...I'm guessing they went over it in some way.

 

Who the devils knows? I'm 30 years old and we're on here talking about whether people properly scolded Denver for cheating when I was in middle school...

Exactly! I've already said, if they find the Patriots intentionally broke the rules, punish them. I'm good with that. I'm always of the mind that it was worth it, seeing as they have #4 now.

 

The point I'm trying to make is when other teams break the rules, and even (gasp) win the Super Bowl, because of it, it's swept under the rug by fans and the media as "oh well, no big deal". When the Patriots do something, it's a national headline making story. It reeks of jealousy and hypocrisy.

 

I just want people to admit it. They make it a big deal because it's NE and they don't like them because they're jealous of their success.

 

I know your way to close to this subject to stand back and look at it from a clear perspective and that's fine, your a fan and you are supporting and defending your team.

 

I think most people look at this like a batter using a corked bat or a pitcher greasing up a ball with Vaseline to get a clear advantage on the field. Fan's get more upset over stuff like that than front office cheating, because they see or think they see the direct impact to the game.

 

I don't think most people are "Jealous" thats just something fans throw out when their team gets bashed. Everyone must be jealous of them.

 

I'm a Reds fan but I'm not jealous of the success of other teams. There are teams, players and coaches that I don't like so I root against them but it's not out of jealousy. People "Right or Wrong" look at Belichek as a cheater, a great coach but also as a cheater. They see Brady not as much as a cheater but as someone that has benefited greatly by the unscrupulous behavior of his coach. Therefore it's easy for some to dislike him as well.

 

As for Hypocrisy any team that cheats needs to be held accountable...I don't think any one has said otherwise. The Pat's "Right Now" are the Yankees of Football and any story revolving around them is bigger than it would be around other teams. Enjoy all of this scrutiny, because when the national stories stop it will probably be because the team is no longer relevant.

I see a corrupt NFL.
Not arguing that, the fact remains "others do it too" is a weak argument.
  • Author
Not arguing that, the fact remains "others do it too" is a weak argument.

 

Generally speaking yes but this is a closed system and that makes it a strong argument.

People are saying because of when this occurred it's a huge issue....Say this same thing happened in the Seattle/Green Bay game instead of the Patriots game. Does anyone really think it would've been made into a national story?

People are saying because of when this occurred it's a huge issue....Say this same thing happened in the Seattle/Green Bay game instead of the Patriots game. Does anyone really think it would've been made into a national story?

 

No doubt that the Pats' history gave this one a lot more juice. That's how and why the media jumped on it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.